Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Volume 4 #1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Probably late news, but some of the pages for #1 are up for sale at The Artist's Choice.

Looks like the ones with JP and Kyle canoodling already have a home, so that saves me from some tough choices wrt the Ramen diet.

Hmm.. I think I may have to wait till NYCC and hope some get taken there, rather than get stung on international postage.

So what does PI mean in the price column? Curious
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hi gang,

The pages haven't been priced yet... Strange that they've been posted! My guess is that he just wanted to get them up there for you to see which ones were available.

PI = Please Inquire

Suzene, the pages you don't see went to the inker, Drew Hennessy. I believe he plans on selling them, so keep an eye out. You may need a Ramen diet after all...

Wolfie
    I never said I was objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi gang,

The pages haven't been priced yet... Strange that they've been posted! My guess is that he just wanted to get them up there for you to see which ones were available.

PI = Please Inquire

Suzene, the pages you don't see went to the inker, Drew Hennessy. I believe he plans on selling them, so keep an eye out. You may need a Ramen diet after all...

Wolfie
    So who do we inquire to? I'm almost certain that the beautiful page 20 splash will be outta my price range but I gotta check!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    So what does PI mean in the price column? Curious
    It means you can't afford it.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Me personally or people in general
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ha! You slay me!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Sorry, had you beat! Got my issue # 1 a mere two days ago.
    I beat you both, not getting mine until Fridat 7/15.
    So why do I feel like I lost?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

A solid A on the issue.
    Two things kepot it from an A+
    1. The misplaced "eh?"
    2. Sasquatch did not seem ten feet tall/ I know the scale can be difficult to convey properly, but he seemed small in mqany panels. I jeep thinking opf the old Hulk cover with Sasquatch and Wendigo
    Those are quibbles, tho...Great job!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if he has a personal site or a DA gallery, though? All I've been able to find is a Facebook page, and, much as I love Northstar, I'm not going to venture down into that particular pit of voles for the sake of pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if he has a personal site or a DA gallery, though? All I've been able to find is a Facebook page, and, much as I love Northstar, I'm not going to venture down into that particular pit of voles for the sake of pretty.
    Here's the link I have: http://www.comicbookartgallery.com/A...=673&Details=0

The Alpha Flight stuff doesn't seem to be up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    A solid A on the issue.
    Two things kepot it from an A+
    1. The misplaced "eh?"
    2. Sasquatch did not seem ten feet tall/ I know the scale can be difficult to convey properly, but he seemed small in mqany panels. I jeep thinking opf the old Hulk cover with Sasquatch and Wendigo
    Those are quibbles, tho...Great job!
    I just looked over all the Sasquatch panels, out of curiosity, and the size never seems to be off...? Whenever he appears smaller, it's because he's further back than other characters, or because we're looking from above. In both cases, it's how a tall character would look in perspective.

I know what you mean about the "eh," though. But to play devil's advocate, I just had an "eh" debate recently with a friend from BC, about where and how it's used. She was telling me they used it in one way, and it's totally different here in Ontario or Quebec. If I'd seen it in writing, I would have said "that's not how it's used!" Not only that, but she seems to add an "h" at the beginning, so it sounds like "hey." And then I have another friend from New Brunswick, and she uses it differently too. So I think it varies from one region to another.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender View Post
    So who do we inquire to? I'm almost certain that the beautiful page 20 splash will be outta my price range but I gotta check!
    Spencer's e-mail is written at the bottom of that page (but here it is, just in case: SpencerBck@aol.com)

I don't think he'll reserve it for you, but you can always try...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney View Post
    Well, I picked my #1 up today (probably the last person in this forum to do so as I'm all the way in Oz)...
    Ironic... I didn't pick mine up 'til the 18th of July because I wasn't in Oz.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

From a certain point of view, the traitor makes sense; this is supposed to be about the v1#1 team, and she's the only one who technically wasn't a member.

- Le Messor
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    ~ Walt Disney