Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Department H mentioned on Agents of SHIELD

Default Department H mentioned on Agents of SHIELD

On tonight's episode of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD they mentioned Department H.

This means Alpha Flight could be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm skeptical that AF will have anything to do with the animated BH6 movie now, but this news is making me go hmmm.

I think they should make Alpha Flight the next movie, before Avengers 2. GotG? OK fine but an Alpha Flight movie would be awesome plus like, everyone in Canada would go see it.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Awe, beat me to it. I was so excited. I mean, as a Canadian you already get excited when you hear Canada or Canadian or names of specific Canadian cities being mentioned in movies and TV shows, but then they dropped the Department H in there so casually, I almost didn't believe it happened. They mentioned also that while SHIELD has it's own index (a list of gifted/super powered people on the planet) Department H has its own as well. Here's hoping that the MCU has a James Hudson showing up soon. I know they might have to deal with Department H again when Graviton shows up (or I'd think so anyway, seeing as he's Canadian).

What do you guys think?

The problem with an MCU AF would be that they wouldn't be able to have Northstar & Aurora, or at least have them as mutants because Fox own the rights to mutants (Though it will be interesting to see Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's powerset in Avengers 2), and Mac & heather won't be able to be named Hudson as again, Fox owns those names due to the bastardization in X-Men:Origins - Wolverine.

IF they were to have more involvement with Department H in this series (and, I am doubtful, for many of the reasons Phil mentioned, plus I am just pessimistic by nature in regards to Marvel), you'd be more likely to see Validator and Kingdom than any of the original Alphans. In spite of the fact that Avengers, for instance, is dealing with a team that is most like the Avengers of the 60's, Marvel movies seem to be pretty well set in the present time, so classic Alphans are rather unlikely.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Given the use of Victoria Hand, Validator is a very good shout actually.

I can see them referencing Department H again as more of the Canadian equivalent of SHIELD.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

I'm sure they would use any character that they have ownership of, though it may be a complicated mix of character rights with Fox. Alpha Flight's first appearance was in X-Men, so maybe they'd have to be called Alpha Strike. Maybe "James MacDonald Hudson as Weapon Alpha or Vindicator" would be unusable but "Mac Hudson as Guardian" would. Owning only part of their rights might make it more realistic to see them in live action as Dept H scientists on the show rather then a half-ass movie without the full cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The problem with an MCU AF would be that they wouldn't be able to have Northstar & Aurora, or at least have them as mutants because Fox own the rights to mutants (Though it will be interesting to see Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's powerset in Avengers 2), and Mac & heather won't be able to be named Hudson as again, Fox owns those names due to the bastardization in X-Men:Origins - Wolverine.
    Wait.....I thought Northstar and Aurora were fairies from some magical realm (around issue 83-84 wasn't it?) so then they could be in the next Thor movie . And as for the name "Hudson", those were Mac's uncle and aunt weren't they? Cause they were way too old to be Mac and Heather ( so when did a last name become off limits to use--if that is an issue then have their last name as MacDonald Hudson).( Please note the sarcasm in my opening question.)

Digger, I think that was around issue 50, where Loki's magical non-mutant fairies appeared.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Yeah, let's not touch the fairy thing ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Digger, I think that was around issue 50, where Loki's magical non-mutant fairies appeared.
    Yeah, I had that cover pictured in my head after I finished my post but I knew someone would mention issue 50 after reading my post (saved me from editing my post).

Just realized how many times I wrote "post" just now...sorry.

While they couldn't use Northstar, Aurora, Mac or Heather, who else does that leave us? Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, Marinna and Talisman. Puck is now in X-men, so doubt they could. Madison, Persuasion, Goblyn, Pathway and Manikin are all mutants.

My fav would be Walter for sure. Especially since he is a scientist and all. I think they could easily tie him up with the two nerds of the show. However, would they spend the money to transform him into Sasquatch? Doubt it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I wish you hadn't put that in the title...
    ... but it is awesomely cool! YAYYYYYY!!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kermit+YAY.gif 
Views:	560 
Size:	647.5 KB 
ID:	3483

I've seen footage of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch for the next Avengers movie (I won't say where, but I doubt I'm the only one), and it looks like they have the same power set as the comics - but were raised by a different MU terrorist than Magneto (again, not saying who).

I would love to see our characters done right, but I'm not expecting the team to show up any time soon.
    Also, given their choice of Guardians, they'd probably go with the Omega Flight team if they did. :/

It was 50 where they were 'revealed' to be elvish (funny... he doesn't look like elvish), and about 83-84 where that was revealed to be a lie.

Given that we've seen the Collector already, I could imagine seeing Marrina soon. Maybe in the aforementioned Guardians of the Galaxy. (Actually, I just like saying 'aforementioned'.)

The Hudsons in the bad Wolverine movie were named Heather and Travis, so already unlikely to be OUR Hudsons. They've about as much in common with Hudson Hawk.

~ Le Messor
    "Mistakes are oft the stepping stones to failure."