Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
The story I kept hearing at the time was that it was the editors, who wanted the character for JLA, and nobody liked the idea. Except said editor.
That may be the reason the series was made, and then cancelled within 12 issues. I enjoyed reading JLA. It wasn't a tight story - it felt like Defenders to me - a bunch of character, not too connected, who were just there to help out from time to time.

RE: X-MEN
Agreed. I keep collecting their serieses, reluctantly, because they're often the only thing that brings back the magic that got me into comics in the first place - which is soooo hard to find nowadays, especially from the Big Two - but I do often feel like I'm enjoying stories about a stadium full of strangers. Yes, including a young Brood. Don't like the idea, but the character is actually pretty cool.
Heh, see I love the Brood as ruthless, evil, villains - Uncanny X-Men #162-166 is some of my favorite space stuff with the X-Men, which features the brood and how ruthless they are. (Also happens to be the best drawings of the Brood, other than Uncanny X-Men #155). So a "nice" Brood just ... bothers me. And that it has glasses too? And sort of resembles a humanoid form, rather than the Brood form? All things I dislike about said mutant Brood.

I got bored halfway through Dan Abnett's Nova and quit. Sorry.
I think my heart just stopped...!