Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: First Look At Alpha Flight #2 *Spoilers* (UPDATED)

Default First Look At Alpha Flight #2 *spoilers*

Preview here. Possible spoilers at the link, click at your own risk.

Well...now I'm a little creeped out and unsure if this is a good thing or not. But hey, look...competently-written speedster powers!

Oh yeah, Puck is a bit messed up by his time in Hell.

I gotta say this is my FAVORITE puck. The other characters are "As good as the original drawings" but this puck is the best puck I've seen. Dale Eaglesham has done something that outdoes the source material. IMO

Like I siad before Puck's a bad little man.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Here's hope # 2 is better than # 1...

Finally managed to read the preview page with Judd. Wow. (ah, freckle-faced Heather is a "murderous villain"? I really hope that does get changed before publication) I hope that # 2 takes it up a notch and pulls together what happened in # 1, because Nerrkkod just leaving when Mac falls out of the sky and Mac more worried about what Cody's up to when he barely beat Nerrkkod...just doesn't seem right. To me.

Is somebody messin' with their minds?

And I hope Aurora is more than just a "messed-up chick." Northstar is regarded as a hero---rightfully so---Aurora should be seen as such, too. Without poaching on Mike Carey too much, it would be nice to touch on the X-Men Annual where Rogue and her team helped both of them on the Helicarrier.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Without poaching on Mike Carey too much, it would be nice to touch on the X-Men Annual where Rogue and her team helped both of them on the Helicarrier.
    Norman Osborn undid all that over in Dark X-Men: The Beginning #3

Alpha Flight gets better and better!

I like the idea of Heather as a villain.

And if Puck is a little "messed up" so much the better!

Spoilers...

While, I don't like the idea of Heather being a villain, I don't think everything is as it appears (nor do I really think she's a villain, she may have been coerced). I also don't think she's actually "murderous"...I think Mac is just embelishing a bit, since Heather attacked him so cold-bloodedly in issue 1 (she obviously didn't kill him).

Also, Puck certainly appears to be a bit off...Poor guy.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 06-17-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Can Mac's suit fire a shot without his helmet? It's nice to see him get a little face time. Don't get me wrong, I love the mask, but it can get a little bland when he wears it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    Can Mac's suit fire a shot without his helmet? It's nice to see him get a little face time. Don't get me wrong, I love the mask, but it can get a little bland when he wears it all the time.
    Yep.
    -----

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Now I'm impressed the Box bots actually could transform Sasquatch and Snowbird back into their base forms. No one has ever done that to them before.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 06-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.

I never understood how Heather could wear the Guardian suit without a helmet in the first volume of AF, nor do I understand now how Guardian could fire off a blast without it. I thought the suit was controlled by the cybernetic helmet. Did something change?

I wonder why they switched Vindicator using her geothermal suit in the Chaos War one shot (and what she used right up till her death) back to her classic electromagnetic suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    I never understood how Heather could wear the Guardian suit without a helmet in the first volume of AF, nor do I understand now how Guardian could fire off a blast without it. I thought the suit was controlled by the cybernetic helmet. Did something change?
    Exactly. The whole suit started out as the helmet Mac built and "stole". And why bother wearing it if it's not needed?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    I wonder why they switched Vindicator using her geothermal suit in the Chaos War one shot (and what she used right up till her death) back to her classic electromagnetic suit.
    The writers said they pretty much wanted to go with the early years (especially Byrne's) issues and they also said they never read the second series. Must be just their preference. At also gives Mac and Heather more of a "connection".
    Last edited by Canucklehead; 06-17-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Oh yeah, Puck is a bit messed up by his time in Hell.
    Word. I'm half-expecting the page after to show that puppy in his hands bursting into flame.

I do think it's actually going to be Puck, though...as firm as the last two creative teams have been on the "No more copies!" line, I don't see them bringing a fake out of Hell just to mess with team (or readers).