Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Holy Carp! Who could be on a new government team and as adversaries to Alpha Flight? Especially, if Van Lente/Pak and Co. are trying to stick with Byrne-created content?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

From Comic Vine's coverage of the Cup O'Joe Panel at C2E2:
    What will happen with Northstar now that Alpha Flight is coming back? He'll be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men.

On Diamond's June Solicits it lists Alpha Flight #1 as being $3.99 and #1 of 7. Isn't it an eight issue maxi-series, or is the .1 issue being lumped in? Also, will all the books be priced at $4, or is it just the first issue? Not that I won't buy them, just wondering.

Pity -- he's wasted there, and I fear Gillen will follow Fraction's lead in regards to characterization.

Northstar being on more than one team makes more sense than Wolverine being on three to four teams, any day of the week.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    On Diamond's June Solicits it lists Alpha Flight #1 as being $3.99 and #1 of 7. Isn't it an eight issue maxi-series, or is the .1 issue being lumped in? Also, will all the books be priced at $4, or is it just the first issue? Not that I won't buy them, just wondering.
    Yeah...I could have sworn there to be nine issues total (including .1).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Northstar being on more than one team makes more sense than Wolverine being on three to four teams, any day of the week.

Dana
    Of course, but I'd rather him be on one team where he's written well, than two teams where the poorer characterization is going to be the more visible of the two.

I'd love to see the original Omega Flight as the new Gov't ops with maybe the brain patterns of Jaxon in the robot formerly known as Delphine. What better way to strike "fear itself" in Guardian and Vindicator than to have the man who (sort of) killed Mac first and the person/robot who kidnapped Heather and then impersonated her dead husband. The only problem is that I think only Wild Child is still alive from that original group... unless the new writer is somehow able to revive them as well.

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Of course, but I'd rather him be on one team where he's written well, than two teams where the poorer characterization is going to be the more visible of the two.
    Oh, I agree Suzene...My post wasn't a response to your comment, it was a response to the Q&A "What will happen with Northstar now that Alpha Flight is coming back? He'll be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men. "

I'd rather Northstar be with Alpha where he has a much better chance to be used and written well. I guess I was making more of a comment on the absurdity of Wolverine being on so many teams, where Jean Paul could do it easily.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    I'd love to see the original Omega Flight as the new Gov't ops with maybe the brain patterns of Jaxon in the robot formerly known as Delphine. What better way to strike "fear itself" in Guardian and Vindicator than to have the man who (sort of) killed Mac first and the person/robot who kidnapped Heather and then impersonated her dead husband. The only problem is that I think only Wild Child is still alive from that original group... unless the new writer is somehow able to revive them as well.

DIGGER
    Wild Child is dead as far as we know (killed by Omega Red), then again...He didn't appear in the Wolverine in Hell storyline (or did he?), if that means anything. Flashback is the only other known possible survivor, he's just gone into retirement/hiding. Truthfully, Robot MX39147 (A.K.A. Delphine Courtney) could easily return, since as a robot, her memories and programming could have been saved somewhere.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 03-21-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Truthfully, Robot MX39147 (A.K.A. Delphine Courtney) could easily return, since as a robot, her memories and programming could have been saved somewhere.
    Since her body became Vindicator's flight suit, it'd be great to see her come back with her original body, by taking over the Vindicator suit and rebuilding herself. After all, Heather could just switch to the green suit from Volume 2...

I'm just imagining the visuals of Heather's suit coming to life and trying to kill her...awesome!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I'm just imagining the visuals of Heather's suit coming to life and trying to kill her...awesome!
    We've all been there.

I don't know, though, having Robot MXPX74656 come alive again that way... I've always worried somebody would do that, since it'd retcon the way she died, and be a bit... spidermanblackcostumey. Dana's 'downloading her memories into a new body' idea seems likelier.

- Le Messor
    "I procrastinate, especially when the task is unpleasant."

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    The original quote from the press conference was:
    At the moment, the series is slotted for 8 issues — with a special Point One issue illustrated by Ben Oliver out in May.

"I imagine, that if there is enough audience demand, there will be a ninth and subsequent issue," Van Lente said.
    At the time I presumed that meant 8 issues plus a 0.1, but reading it now it definitely looks to be a 0.1 plus 7 issues.

As to the price; these days all Marvel first issues are $3.99 with most 2nd's going down to $2.99 BUT with this being specifically launched with the careful phrasing of Maxi-series, it could well all be $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    At the time I presumed that meant 8 issues plus a 0.1, but reading it now it definitely looks to be a 0.1 plus 7 issues.

As to the price; these days all Marvel first issues are $3.99 with most 2nd's going down to $2.99 BUT with this being specifically launched with the careful phrasing of Maxi-series, it could well all be $3.99.
    I thought the same as you, Phil (from the info in the original quote). What's with Marvel putting Alpha Flight into odd numbered mini/maxi-series? Omega had 5 issues, now Alpha's new maxi has 7? it should be a nice round number, like 8, 10 or even 12.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    We've all been there.

I don't know, though, having Robot MXPX74656 come alive again that way... I've always worried somebody would do that, since it'd retcon the way she died, and be a bit... spidermanblackcostumey. Dana's 'downloading her memories into a new body' idea seems likelier.

- Le Messor
    "I procrastinate, especially when the task is unpleasant."
    Yeah...To me, it seems odd that a machine with a highly-intelligent, vengeful mind like Dephine wouldn't have had a back-up plan of some sort. She was terrified of Madison Jeffries (and knew he was loyal to Mac), which is why she never recruited him into Omega Flight...One would think she'd have some contingency in place if she were ever to meet him.

Dana