Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weakest of the GREAT BEASTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Aye, but you had said:
    My guess is that Neootoq is among the destroyed Beasts...Snowbird can take the form of dead Great Beasts (she took Tanaraq's form after she killed Walter).

What I was asking - didn't she take Tanaraq's form BEFORE she killed Walter? I thought she shifted into Tanaraq in order to rip out Walter's heart (thus killing him)?
    Yes, she did...I'm a wingnut...I forgot that part.

As Legerd says above, Snowbird could take the form of Sasquatch, due to him being a combo form of Walter and Tanaraq (born/created in Canada)...And yes, Snowbird taking the form of dead Beasts is a retcon...Since she shouldn't technically be able to take on the form of Neootoq (unless that form was somehow created on Canadian soil).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Technically... no. He didn't "come" from Scrambled Eggs. But when he first took his form that WE saw... it was from Scrambled Eggs. And Shaman was like, "Yeah, Mr. officer, that makes sense, that he would come from Scrambled Eggs." (The issue was almost comical...) I mean, it's something right out of ghostbusters..
    I don't think the "eggs" were Ranaq, just a side affect of his powers. Also keep it mind as noted by Shaman "its replicating itself at an impossible rate, it must be functioning as a dimensional interface, siphoning energy from the spirit plane and instantly converting that energy into ectoplasmic matter" and if unchecked could become two-directional, draining from the plant entirely. That's some pretty powerful eggs

Snowbird... one shot?.
    Marvel Heartbreakers #1 as Phil indicated, which has two new Great Beasts in it. Plus all the demon hordes (Surtur's army) were called Great Beasts in the Omega Flight mini. There is still lots left apparently.

Which is weird... at least to me. Since none of the others, save for Mr. Scrambled Eggs, never really changed their form.
    The Great Beasts use avatars, Sasquatch is to Tanaraq what Snowbird's dad is to Tundra.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 12-04-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Tawmis was quoting the Byrne issues (Shaman?) in saying Ranaq was the weakest - because he took mortal form.
    I'm aware, but Byrne also said there were just 7 Great Beasts and we know that isn't the case.

That's #38, that we're discussing, isn't it?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    I'm aware, but Byrne also said there were just 7 Great Beasts and we know that isn't the case.
    It was the case at the time, it's just been ignored or retconned since (the same can be said of Ranaq being the weakest of the Beasts).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 12-05-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    It was the case at the time, it's just been ignored or retconned since (the same can be said of Ranaq being the weakest of the Beasts).

Dana
    Aye. I am re-reading - where was it stated that it was only 7? Was it in the comic somewhere or an interview?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Aye. I am re-reading - where was it stated that it was only 7? Was it in the comic somewhere or an interview?
    So, it comes to this:
    http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...at-Beast/page2

finally found that old thread.
    Which says it was stated in #23 - last I heard, a couple of days ago, you were up to #22.

- Le Messor
    "I cannot be fired. Slaves have to be sold"

So, it comes to this:
    http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...at-Beast/page2

finally found that old thread.
    Which says it was stated in #23 - last I heard, a couple of days ago, you were up to #22.

- Le Messor
    "I cannot be fired. Slaves have to be sold"
    I am on 27 now. And I will have to look at 22 again. I don't recall reading it was specifically seven. But then wasn't really looking for it either.

Images

I am on 27 now. And I will have to look at 22 again. I don't recall reading it was specifically seven. But then wasn't really looking for it either.

Images

... which, it occurs to me, is right next to me.
    Page 3, Panel 3: "Look now upon the form and substance of one of the last seven, of the Great Beasts."
    (The emphasis is in the original.)

- Le Messor
    "I cannot say that I don't disagree with you."
    ~ Groucho Marx

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

You know. In hindsight... that isn't true... about him needing a body. What the heck body was it that he "had" when he appeared 100 years in the past? The demonic thing? And Scrambled Eggs... isn't exactly a body... before he jumped to the human hosts....

They explained it. They're more powerful on Earth.
    It also stated that eggs represented life and the promise of life, so I think that Ranaq did inhabit hosts in the scrambled eggs, a minor point IMO, because Somon is the trickiest of the Great Beasts (as demonstrated in AF# 24), he lies by omission, and he used his "psychic death" technique in his own realm but didn't get a chance to use it on Earth.

Where do the Beasts go when they "die"? Especially now with "Death" inaccessible?

What isn't Somon telling?
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 12-10-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: still learning how to spell
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Where do the Beasts go when they "die"? Especially now with "Death" inaccessible?
    What isn't Somon telling?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Well, that's answered in Chaos War: Dead Avengers.

They get caught between sleep/dream/nightmare/life/death.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I think they play sax for an all-girl cabaret in New Orleans.

What's Thanos doing during all this? His would-be girlfriend must be Ma-aaad!

I think they play sax for an all-girl cabaret in New Orleans.

What's Thanos doing during all this? His would-be girlfriend must be Ma-aaad!
    Oh. You have not been reading the THANOS IMPERATIVE, eh? (It's done now)... But it was before all this happened... and... it was... epic. GREAT comic writing.

Some gods that are killed are brought back as evil servants as shown in Chaos War: God Squad.

So, just to be clear here, which came first; the chicken, or Ranaq the Devourer?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/