Thread: Review: Exiles #84 (Volume.1)

Default Review: Exiles #84 (Volume.1)

Issue: Exiles #84 (Volume.1)
    Writer: Tony Bedard
    Artist: James Calsfiore
    Cover: Paul Pelletier
    Date Published: 07/26/2006

OVERVIEW:
    Gathered together from their own separate realities, Blink, Sabretooth, Longshot, Spider-Man 2099, Power Princess and Heather Hudson (foremely Sasquatch) embark on missions to save one imperiled Earth after another. The team is guided by the Time-Breakers from their headquarters in the “Crystal Palace” and provides information through the Tallus worn by the leader of the Exiles, Sabretooth. After chasing down Proteus through several different realities, the team is taking a much needed break before returning to duty and some are returning to their home reality such as Heather going back to Earth #3470 to see her husband James Hudson and Sabretooth traveled to Earth #295 to discover his partner Wild Child has gone missing. The Time-Breakers opposed the team leaving their duties to have a time of relaxation and set in motion plans to teach the Exiles a lesson.

While talking to Magneto, Sabretooth gets an alarm through the Tallus saying Heather Hudson’s earth is in danger so the Exiles team-up with Earth #3470’s Alpha Flight to address the problem. In this reality the Cold War is still continuing to this day, and the Soviet Super-Soldiers are planning to release the Elder God Chernobog, the source of Darkstar’s power to create a layer of darkforce across the Earth effectively smothering it. The Exiles were cautious of the Time-Breakers and suspected them of something so they left two members in the Crystal Palace to watch over them.

Alpha Flight and the remaining Exiles go to battle with the Super-Soliders, and disrupt Darkstar’s summoning ceremony. However, Chernobog is still becoming stronger prompting the Time-Breakers to teleport more Exiles into battle leaving only one left in the Crystal Palace. The battle continues and the Time-Breakers convince Longshot he needs to join the battle and leave as well, but upon arriving Snowbird banished Chernobog back to his dimension confusing many as they discovered the Exiles were not required here to save the day. With the mission complete, Sabretooth orders the Time-Breakers through the Tallus to teleport them back to headquarters, but they discover they have been fired and the Tallus effectively disappears from his hand leaving them stranded in this reality.

REVIEW:
    Another great issue from the Exiles team as this series is always a consistently excellent book. The new renditions of Alpha Flight were quite different from their 616 counterparts, but that’s why Exiles is so great as it embraces differences and tries to make each world unique. Can’t say I was found of Shaman’s costume, but I really liked the new Marrina and Guardian design.

The art is ok, nothing spectacular as there could be more shading and the faces are something to be desired for but the art suits well for the Exiles series.

RATING:
    8/10

-----
    Cover: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...iles84cthb.jpg
    Article images:

What;s funny about this review is the fact I did this months ago, but I was going to use it for something else for the Alphanex so just had to tweak it abit.

Sweet. Could you do me a favor, try and post this yourself from the home page, as per THIS THREAD. You can attach the images in the WYSIWYG. When you have attached the image, be it from you hard drive, or from an external URL, it uploads it to this site. Then you can edit the properties of the image. When you mouse over it in the WYSIWYG, you will see a pencil in the top left corner of the image. click the pencil to enter the Image property screen. With the cover image, put a dot next to Thumnail, and set the alignment to the left. For the other images put the dot next to full size, since you don't want the interface to resize them, and align them how ever you like. Try it, and when you are done I'll publish it from the Queue. I'm curious to see how this will all go. Once you've done it, give me feedback, tell me what you had trouble with ect. I plan to make some walkthroughs of these processes.

One thing of note, there is a bug that should be worked out in the WYSIWYG eventually where it doesn't show the alignment of the image after you have edited, but it does actually align in the article where you want it.

Tried, and uploaded the images as attachment, but don't get the coding to make say the issue cover a thumbnail or have the text wrap around the images or even aligning it on the left side. Little help? Other then that it's pretty straight forward

it's not an issue of coding, it's all WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). So when you have the image into the text box, put your mouse over it. When you do, you should see a yellow pencil in the top left corner. Click on that pencil. A new box should then pop up where you can modify the image properties.

No I don't see or have the pencil edit feature, only "pencil" I can click is the one which allows me to edit the whole artile, but not on the images themselves

Ok, I think I see what's going on. I'll have to do some fiddling...

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Yaaaaaay I'm helping!

Definitely. I'm assuming when you used the insert image button you only had the option to specify a URL, and did not have an option to upload eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Definitely. I'm assuming when you used the insert image button you only had the option to specify a URL, and did not have an option to upload eh?
    I had an option to upload the images as attachments if that's what you mean, when I tried to specify a url the images didn't work. So I followed how you did it in the other reviews.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 02-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Ok, I think I've worked out the bugs, and I've made a Tutorial on how to Create and Article with images.

Great tutorial, oh and I'm done editing the review now.

And it is now published. Great job!

Gracias, and do I have to put the article in the review section under guest apperances? As I don't think I have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Gracias, and do I have to put the article in the review section under guest apperances? As I don't think I have that option.
    Nope, that happens when I publish it, I just put it in the wrong spot I'll move it....now