Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article: November sales figures - Chaos War: Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    That number seems to be in line with what the other Chaos War off-shoots are doing.

Eh, at least Alpha Flight is back in the Marvel landscape, and the original team to boot.
    I mentioned this on a THOR list I am on... What worries me is if AF doesn't get their own title... someone's going to fubar them in some guest appearance, like they did with the Collective... "We need a team to trash... who do we got that's a bunch of heroes, close to the US, that doesn't have their own title! Oh, yes! ALPHA FLIGHT!"

Sure it was 107 overall and 55 on Marvels list, but look at the Marvel heroes it placed ahead of that have their own series. Also look a the top of the list. It has Batman, Green Lantern and a whole slew of other longer established/greater promoted series or storylines for goodness sake! Alpha did alright IMHO in the grand scheme of things. It was just too bad that the story seemed kinda' rushed to me...waited so long for a new Alpha story and it was over so fast. And hey, if they didn't do umpteen series featuring X-men or Avengers or frackin` Deadpool there might just be enough room on the shelf for some different titles. Remember, less is more and by limiting the number of titles you make the remaining ones that much more special. One X-men series, one Avengers series etc. let you change things up to keep it interesting...gee, must be really late and really tired...seem.. to.. be.... rambling......sorry! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

DIGGER

i dont think the sales numbers for all the chaos war titles are that strong. its a very good story, but not a major crossover like civil war or secret invasion. at least we got a very good alpha flight story.
    Last edited by varo; 12-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Sure it was 107 overall and 55 on Marvels list, but look at the Marvel heroes it placed ahead of that have their own series. Also look a the top of the list. It has Batman, Green Lantern and a whole slew of other longer established/greater promoted series or storylines for goodness sake! Alpha did alright IMHO in the grand scheme of things. It was just too bad that the story seemed kinda' rushed to me...waited so long for a new Alpha story and it was over so fast. And hey, if they didn't do umpteen series featuring X-men or Avengers or frackin` Deadpool there might just be enough room on the shelf for some different titles. Remember, less is more and by limiting the number of titles you make the remaining ones that much more special. One X-men series, one Avengers series etc. let you change things up to keep it interesting...gee, must be really late and really tired...seem.. to.. be.... rambling......sorry! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

DIGGER
    I am cool with two titles of specific titles, when there's so many characters to pick from. Like Avengers and West Coast Avengers, was fine. But when you have Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, and who knows how many else... and... the one who puts DEADPOOL to shame with the amount of titles... Wolverine. Seriously. How many Wolverine titles are there? X-MEN has gotten bad as well, with Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men: First Class, and whatever other X-Men titles exist (not counting X-Men Forever, Ultimate X-Men).

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I am cool with two titles of specific titles, when there's so many characters to pick from. Like Avengers and West Coast Avengers, was fine. But when you have Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, and who knows how many else... and... the one who puts DEADPOOL to shame with the amount of titles... Wolverine. Seriously. How many Wolverine titles are there? X-MEN has gotten bad as well, with Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men: First Class, and whatever other X-Men titles exist (not counting X-Men Forever, Ultimate X-Men).
    I swear it's like every time someone complains about the number of X-men titles Marvels adds another one out of spite.
    Does anyone else feel like Marvel is just shooting itself in the foot with so many repetitive titles? Many readers want some kind of continuity, and stability to the characters, but with all the "game changing" events and alternate timelines all using the same few characters it can't be easy for new readers to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I swear it's like every time someone complains about the number of X-men titles Marvels adds another one out of spite.
    Does anyone else feel like Marvel is just shooting itself in the foot with so many repetitive titles? Many readers want some kind of continuity, and stability to the characters, but with all the "game changing" events and alternate timelines all using the same few characters it can't be easy for new readers to follow it.
    So along those same lines... A few years back DC rebooted a bunch of titles... Teen Titans, Outsiders, Aquaman, Hawkman, and one or two others, that are slipping my mind. And I was, for the first time in my comic collecting history (which dates all the way back to 197 - I was -... Collecting DC Comics. And... I was enjoying DC comics more than Marvel. So it became very easy to invest time, money and love into DC. Marvel was handing out trash (Chuck Austin was on X-Men or something, if I recall). I collected DC for like two years (if not more? Because I got up to like Hawkman #50... so 12 issues a year... is um, 4 years! Egads!) - so anyway - I was really digging it - especially Aquaman (whom I have always liked), and even more so because from the start, the story focused on San Diego (where I live!)... and I was really invested.

Then they did "52."

I collected about 12 issues of 52.

And finally gave up. DC shook up everything. Hawkman was replaced by Hawkgirl (whom I like, but I want to read about Hawkman, who I grew up with). Aquaman got canned. Teen Titans was replaced by a bunch of people I don't know. Outsides got totally shifted around.

I dropped every single title from DC.

Marvel has its hooks deeper, because I have been collecting for a very long time. Especially Uncanny X-Men, which the only issues I am missing being 1 to 50. (I have a few in between there, but they're random). But every year... it gets a little easier to keep dropping more and more titles... and getting closer and closer to finally cutting comics. AVENGERS (the current one) was a saving grace. I actually enjoy it because it reminds me of old AVENGERS. I never got NEW AVENGERS. I refuse to get ANOTHER book with Wolverine in it. I loved Wolverine back in the day - but now if he's in a new book, I will not pick it up JUST because he's in it.

So along those same lines... A few years back DC rebooted a bunch of titles... Teen Titans, Outsiders, Aquaman, Hawkman, and one or two others, that are slipping my mind. And I was, for the first time in my comic collecting history (which dates all the way back to 197 - I was -... Collecting DC Comics. And... I was enjoying DC comics more than Marvel. So it became very easy to invest time, money and love into DC. Marvel was handing out trash (Chuck Austin was on X-Men or something, if I recall). I collected DC for like two years (if not more? Because I got up to like Hawkman #50... so 12 issues a year... is um, 4 years! Egads!) - so anyway - I was really digging it - especially Aquaman (whom I have always liked), and even more so because from the start, the story focused on San Diego (where I live!)... and I was really invested.

Then they did "52."

I collected about 12 issues of 52.

And finally gave up. DC shook up everything. Hawkman was replaced by Hawkgirl (whom I like, but I want to read about Hawkman, who I grew up with). Aquaman got canned. Teen Titans was replaced by a bunch of people I don't know. Outsides got totally shifted around.

I dropped every single title from DC.
    Lol, my story is the exact opposite. 52 is the only real DC title I've ever read, I picked it up because the premise seemed interesting and loved it in spite of not knowing who the heck any of the characters were. By the time Countdown happened, though, and it started being more about Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman, I stopped caring entirely. Just puts it all in perspective, I guess, that you really can't please everyone.

And Wolverine doesn't actually have that many titles anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Lol, my story is the exact opposite. 52 is the only real DC title I've ever read, I picked it up because the premise seemed interesting and loved it in spite of not knowing who the heck any of the characters were. By the time Countdown happened, though, and it started being more about Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman, I stopped caring entirely. Just puts it all in perspective, I guess, that you really can't please everyone.

And Wolverine doesn't actually have that many titles anymore.
    No, you definitely can not please anyone. That's the truth. For example, to this day one of my favorite Marvel characters is the super obscure "Adam-X." 99.99% of the world would be like, "Who?" or "Why?" So I definitely understand not pleasing everyone.

As for Wolverine...

Is he not in: Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, Wolverine: Goes To Hell, Dark Wolverine? (Just to name the ones I am aware of? Is he still in New Avengers, or any Avengers title?)

As for Wolverine...

Is he not in: Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, Wolverine: Goes To Hell, Dark Wolverine? (Just to name the ones I am aware of? Is he still in New Avengers, or any Avengers title?)
    Don't forget: Wolverine: The Best There Is.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

From what I can tell, most people love 52. But nobody, I mean nobody, likes Countdown.
    Not even Queen fans...

As for Wolverine...

Those aren't all technically Wolverine. One's a robot, one's his son, as I understand.
    Still, as a reader? I don't care. They're in there to be Wolverine, and that's all that counts to me.
    I believe he's still in Avengers.

- Le Messor
    "I could dance with you till the cows come home... On second thoughts, I'll dance with the cows and you go home"
    ~ Groucho

Yeah 52 was great, Countdown for the most part sucked but had a few good issues, and Trinity I really didn't like and dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Don't forget: Wolverine: The Best There Is.
    I will cut this one slack. Isn't it - at least - a one shot only?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    From what I can tell, most people love 52. But nobody, I mean nobody, likes Countdown.
    Not even Queen fans...

Those aren't all technically Wolverine. One's a robot, one's his son, as I understand.
    Still, as a reader? I don't care. They're in there to be Wolverine, and that's all that counts to me.
    I believe he's still in Avengers.
    I believe Wolverine appears extensively in Dark Wolverine, fighting his son, who apparently wants to kill him or something. And in which one is he a robot?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Yeah 52 was great, Countdown for the most part sucked but had a few good issues, and Trinity I really didn't like and dropped it.
    Yeah. Not so much for me. I was suddenly being forced to read character I knew nothing and cared nothing about. It'd be like collecting ALPHA FLIGHT and having them replaced by characters named Radius, Murmur, and Sasquatch II and Manbot and... Oh wait. That happened.

Yeah. Not so much for me. I was suddenly being forced to read character I knew nothing and cared nothing about. It'd be like collecting ALPHA FLIGHT and having them replaced by characters named Radius, Murmur, and Sasquatch II and Manbot and... Oh wait. That happened.
    I wish I could do that whole Bobby Ewing thing from Dallas in the 80's and just say that was just a bad, bad dream.

DIGGER

I wish I could do that whole Bobby Ewing thing from Dallas in the 80's and just say that was just a bad, bad dream.

DIGGER
    LOL.

Dude. That was epic.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I believe Wolverine appears extensively in Dark Wolverine, fighting his son, who apparently wants to kill him or something. And in which one is he a robot?
    X-Force?
    Or so I thought. I could be wrong.
    You seem to know more about DW than I do. Which isn't hard. I already know more than I care.

It's just a dream! It's just a dream!
    No, no, it's a nightmare!
    It's just a dream, a dream...

- Le Messor
    "If we shut our eyes and believe really hard... they'll kill us. These things are real, man!"
    ~Xander