Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've been selected to make a NEW ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    That is a powerful team. I dig it.

I am, quite surprised, that Marvel hasn't done more with (what remains) of Squadron Supreme.

Especially given they could have "spoofed" Blackest Night, Brightest Day.

The Squadron Supreme 12 issue LS was epic. Just a bummer that so many key members died.
    I wanted give Alpha some extra punch. I'm a Ghost Rider nut so I put him in, plus I love Squadron Supreme. Did you ever read SS New World Order? Not as good as the original but it ties up lose ends with the whole SS story and it leaves it open for sequils isupose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    I would go with those connected to Alpha in some way:

Snowbird's son
    Jeffries' technomorph offspring from Death Metal
    Mar or one of Marrina's other offspring
    Wendigo (controlled)
    Flinch (was he officially considered a part of any team?)
    Guardian (a McNeal brother seeking comfort in losing his sister)
    Whatever happened to Snowbird's son? Deceased, no? Because of Pestilence? Or am I misremembering?

And McNeal... who is that? I apparently need to re-read my AF...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    I wanted give Alpha some extra punch. I'm a Ghost Rider nut so I put him in, plus I love Squadron Supreme. Did you ever read SS New World Order? Not as good as the original but it ties up lose ends with the whole SS story and it leaves it open for sequils isupose.
    I am a huge fan of Squadron Supreme (from regular 616 Marvel, never read the other title that came out like a few years ago by the same name) - so yes, definitely read NEW ORDER! Shame that even MORE members died off in that issue. (Redstone, I believe his name was, for example... when he got separated from Earth... if I am remember correctly... that's twice in a single post ... or is it three times... where I have questioned my memory... getting old sucks!)

In Death of a Univers Red Stone died, as well as the Overmind, but there was another oneshot that cameout in '99 I believe, call New World Order. It's the regular 616 SS and they ended back on their home reality, and find that things were under control of a not so friendly goverment where they have a police squad called the Blue Eagals that enforce their rules and an anti-goverment group called the Night Hawks. (I won't tell you who is in charge of the group) The SS go out to find Anfibian, Skymark(? I believe is his name) and one other to form a new SS to take down this goverment.

Marvel had asked Gruenwald to write another SS story, he had the idea in his head, but he died before it could have been written. Ken Kaminski(? I think) wrote this NWO. Like I said not as good as the originals but a good read. If you remember what had happen at the end of DoU the SS ended up in the Marvel 616 reality and spent years here (1990-1999) and finaly went back to their own reality, minus Haywire who stayed in the 616 reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    In Death of a Univers Red Stone died, as well as the Overmind, but there was another oneshot that cameout in '99 I believe, call New World Order. It's the regular 616 SS and they ended back on their home reality, and find that things were under control of a not so friendly goverment where they have a police squad called the Blue Eagals that enforce their rules and an anti-goverment group called the Night Hawks. (I won't tell you who is in charge of the group) The SS go out to find Anfibian, Skymark(? I believe is his name) and one other to form a new SS to take down this goverment.

Marvel had asked Gruenwald to write another SS story, he had the idea in his head, but he died before it could have been written. Ken Kaminski(? I think) wrote this NWO. Like I said not as good as the originals but a good read. If you remember what had happen at the end of DoU the SS ended up in the Marvel 616 reality and spent years here (1990-1999) and finaly went back to their own reality, minus Haywire who stayed in the 616 reality.
    Time to dig up my SS... and if I don't have it... I will hunt it down.

Whatever happened to Snowbird's son? Deceased, no? Because of Pestilence? Or am I misremembering?

And McNeal... who is that? I apparently need to re-read my AF...
    Snowbird's son was killed, but like I said before, how long can you expect a demi-God with the powers of the life of the land, once buried in that land, to actually stay dead? It wouldn't be too difficult to resurrect the character.
    McNeal was Heather's maiden name, so this would be a brother...

Snowbird's son was killed, but like I said before, how long can you expect a demi-God with the powers of the life of the land, once buried in that land, to actually stay dead? It wouldn't be too difficult to resurrect the character.
    True, about the son. And honestly surprised no one has brought him back yet.

And - check! - on the Heather's maiden name. Totally forgot.

Ahem...It's Heather McNeil Hudson (it's also been misspelled MacNeil, unfortunately). I'd like to see Snowbird's son return and add to the world of Alpha Flight characters.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 11-19-2010 at 02:04 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Ahem...It's Heather McNeil Hudson (it's also been misspelled MacNeil, unfortunately).
    Dana
    Hasn't Shaman's last name also been spelled Twoyoungmen as well as Twoyoungman (earlier in AF?)... I believe it was fubar'ed in print. But Twoyoungmen is the "accepted" correct way.

Hasn't Shaman's last name also been spelled Twoyoungmen as well as Twoyoungman (earlier in AF?)... I believe it was fubar'ed in print. But Twoyoungmen is the "accepted" correct way.
    Um...Tawmis...I don't see your point...

Does the name Twoyoungman make any sense to anybody? No...It's an error, in more ways than one.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Um...Tawmis...I don't see your point...

Does the name Twoyoungman make any sense to anybody? No...It's an error, in more ways than one.

Dana
    Look in the early issues of AF, pretty sure it was like that! Merely point out it's easy to make spelling errors when the name is so close. McNeil/McNeal.

IT'S PROUDFEET!

Ahem...It's Heather McNeil Hudson (it's also been misspelled MacNeil, unfortunately). I'd like to see Snowbird's son return and add to the world of Alpha Flight characters.

Dana
    Hooked on fonicks werked for me!
    I'm lucky I remembered her maiden name at all. It's been years since I have had the time to reread the actual Alpha comics...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    IT'S PROUDFEET!
    As long as you don't call him Happyfeet...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    IT'S PROUDFEET!
    A LOTR quote!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/