S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

well the 90s themed issue came out today and was kind of cool to see the whole book in that style. Also it was cool to see the 90s Alpha Flight team, not sure why Gobyln was there and Heather didn’t have tectonic powers then..... but still cool. I was worried they were going to job, but in fact….they didn’t. They actually looked good and were even getting the better of Sabretooth and Deadpool and forced them to flee. The team really weren’t in it for long, but Puck looked impressive dodging Deadpool’s machinegun fire (and mentioned he was born in 1914). Also saw Deadpool meeting his daughter for the first time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

well the 90s themed issue came out today and was kind of cool to see the whole book in that style. Also it was cool to see the 90s Alpha Flight team, not sure why Gobyln was there and Heather didn’t have tectonic powers then..... but still cool. I was worried they were going to job, but in fact….they didn’t. They actually looked good and were even getting the better of Sabretooth and Deadpool and forced them to flee. The team really weren’t in it for long, but Puck looked impressive dodging Deadpool’s machinegun fire (and mentioned he was born in 1914). Also saw Deadpool meeting his daughter for the first time.
    I finally got a chance to read it today.
    I laughed through the whole thing. Even the stuff with Alpha Flight - which was disrespectful - was funnily so. And I think the disrespect was targeted more at the 90s than at AF themselves.

I had expected them to be in it more - this is little more than a glorified cameo; but, it was still cool to see.

I thought they got Heather's power right for the time period? Not that they explored them that deeply.

The biggest mistake I saw was: Goblyn can't talk!

~ Le Messor
    "Never hit a man with glasses; hit him with your fist."

My favourite thing about the issue was that in true Liefeld style you don't see a single foot in it

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I finally got a chance to read it today.
    I laughed through the whole thing. Even the stuff with Alpha Flight - which was disrespectful - was funnily so. And I think the disrespect was targeted more at the 90s than at AF themselves.

I had expected them to be in it more - this is little more than a glorified cameo; but, it was still cool to see.

I thought they got Heather's power right for the time period? Not that they explored them that deeply.

The biggest mistake I saw was: Goblyn can't talk!

~ Le Messor
    "Never hit a man with glasses; hit him with your fist."
    yeah the disrespect was more to the decade then alpha flight particularly

Naaaa during that time she still had her electro-magnetic suit powers. When she donned her green maple leaf suit in volume 2 is when she her geothermal powers. This team in this issue was around the world tour story arc (except for gobyln)

yeah the previous 90s issues were mocking liefield and other 90s things. I thought the team were going to be embarrassed in a fight, but thankfully I was wrong.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 09-26-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My favourite thing about the issue was that in true Liefeld style you don't see a single foot in it
    Lols! I hadn't even noticed. I'd thought that it was more general mockery than that.

yeah the disrespect was more to the decade then alpha flight particularly

Naaaa during that time she still had her electro-magnetic suit powers. When she donned her green maple leaf suit in volume 2 is when she her geothermal powers. This team in this issue was around the world tour story arc (except for gobyln)
    Well, yeah. Her suit at the time was based on Mac's, and that had some sort of power based on geology somehow... (could I be any more vague?)
    Thus far, every time I've heard her v2 suit talked about, I've always heard the word you used - geothermal - bandied about.
    ... hence 'tectonic' didn't worry me at all.
    Come to think of it, maybe they could both be described as 'tectonic'?

I don't remember the team specifics enough from that particular time to be surprised about Goblyn's appearance. Since you bring it up, she would've been in Beta Flight at the time, wouldn't she?

~ Le Messor
    "Never replace a successful experiment."

hmmmm i'll have to reread it. The original suit was built for geological application but was powered by electromagnetic energy

Yep she would have been in Beta and wouldn't leave her sister either

Images

hmmmm i'll have to reread it. The original suit was built for geological application but was powered by electromagnetic energy
    That's probably what confused me.
    Was it explained in UXM 109 or in AF (v1) 2-3?

Yep she would have been in Beta and wouldn't leave her sister either
    That I DID notice - where was Pathway during all this?

(Also, to say that the movie Deadpool starred Jim Carrey was a huge exaggeration. He was in it, but only in a bit-part. iirc.)

~ Le Messor
    "Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you."
    ~ Joey Adams