Thread: X-Men:Alpha Flight Fan-Film

Default X-Men:Alpha Flight Fan-Film

It's based on the animated series episode so the plot isn't exactly the best, and the emphasis is on the fan part, but it's worth a viewing; even if just to discuss!

http://www.fanfilms.net/f/2747

Hey, for a dozen or so Alpha Flight fans working on what appears to be a $78.00 budget... I think this is pretty good.
    The Flight Forever !

Hm. Interesting.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

It's infinitely better than anything I could have done, so my hats off to them! And they look like they're having fun! I thought it was interesting that they all looked pretty young - but the actor playing Shaman, looks considerably older than the rest. I thought it was cool that it wasn't just a fight against Wolverine, but they did scenes at the hospital and such. Indeed, my hats off to them!

Just watched the show. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw Shaman was Gru saying "Why are you ...so...old!". I am not sure if these guys are Flight fans or just re-enacting the X-men cartoons 'cause,man, I think I would have made more of an effort on the costumes (it looks like they blew the budget on the Cyclops visor and Sunfire's mask). Boots for Vindicator and black denim jeans for Northstar? Not to mention Shaman's outfit and Heather's black hair. I will say one thing about it though, with the way government funding goes that Weapon X lab was probably pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Just watched the show. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw Shaman was Gru saying "Why are you ...so...old!". I am not sure if these guys are Flight fans or just re-enacting the X-men cartoons 'cause,man, I think I would have made more of an effort on the costumes (it looks like they blew the budget on the Cyclops visor and Sunfire's mask). Boots for Vindicator and black denim jeans for Northstar? Not to mention Shaman's outfit and Heather's black hair. I will say one thing about it though, with the way government funding goes that Weapon X lab was probably pretty accurate.
    There were some issues (like Snowbird's mask) and such - but costumes are not cheap to make. I don't know if they were "Alpha Flight fans" - but the fact that made (or even bought) those costumes - that's money. These are people that have probably used these costumes more than once, I'd imagine. So I am pretty sure they're at least quite aware of Alpha Flight. Was it perfect? No. But still pretty awesome, even if they didn't get some of the costumes (or hair color) completely correct. Great representation and effort, without a doubt!

I believe it's a single episode of an ongoing X-Men web series so the difference in budget on costumes makes sense.

So it took a second - but I figured out who Mac looks like in this video!

Found it myself today. Not a bad effort.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Just watched the show. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw Shaman was Gru saying "Why are you ...so...old!". I am not sure if these guys are Flight fans or just re-enacting the X-men cartoons.

Why are there a bunch of young people and only one old guy?

This story is about Wolverine fleeing.

What we're dealing with here is Logan's Run!

Also, Sunfire's mask was the best-done part. Despite obviously having a cartoon pedigree (including the theme), its character mix didn't make much sense. Who was the blonde X-Woman dressed in white? Not Emma?

Are these Alpha Flight fans?
    I think not. Partly because they got Heather's hair colour wrong (I think these guys could've got a wig).
    Mostly because they either got Snowbird's powers wrong, or I need to look out for tigers if I'm ever in Canada again.

(I know she's had that restriction removed in the past, but not during Repo Man - which is the episode this was based on.)

It was cute. I'm glad somebody's done it.

~ Le Messor
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-09-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Are these Alpha Flight fans?
    I think not. Partly because they got Heather's hair colour wrong (I think these guys could've got a wig).
    I don't know. I think a wig would have looked bad. They're not professionals, so they probably don't have access to professional wigs. And if you have a fake, cheap wig, and take a picture or video - it's painfully obvious. Like. Painfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Mostly because they either got Snowbird's powers wrong, or I need to look out for tigers if I'm ever in Canada again.
    Well that could have been a limitation of whatever "special effects" they had access to. Maybe there was a pre-designed tiger morph thing, rather than a bear one.

Default Alpha Flight in X-Men live action web series??

This is what happens when you're browsing YouTube and then you stumble upon fan-made webisodes. (Apologies if this has already been shared before... I ain't in here too often).

http://youtu.be/7cTCQIKI7Zs

What do you think? Is it a fair representation of AF? (I just can't get past the Shaman, the twins and also the Puck ). But kudos on them for creating fan-made web series.

No worse then what Fox would have done.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max