Thread: Civil War II: Choosing Side. (NIght Thrasher)

Default Civil War II: Choosing Side. (NIght Thrasher)

Can't tell you how excited I am about this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2183.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	5292

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

On a completely random note, when I asked Marvel to explain how Captain America would join Captsin Marvels side, despite everything about his moral alignment, pretty much since the 1970s incarnation would have him side with iron man over the issue of determinism, I was not expecting their answer to be "turn Steve Rogers champion of the downtrodden into having been a nazi this whole time!" Sorry, I just a bit bitter today
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    On a completely random note, when I asked Marvel to explain how Captain America would join Captsin Marvels side, despite everything about his moral alignment, pretty much since the 1970s incarnation would have him side with iron man over the issue of determinism, I was not expecting their answer to be "turn Steve Rogers champion of the downtrodden into having been a nazi this whole time!" Sorry, I just a bit bitter today
    You're not alone! Read my snarky write up:

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/748

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    You're not alone! Read my snarky write up:

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/748
    I will do as soon as I finish my own snarky write Up!

I will do as soon as I finish my own snarky write Up!
    Please share your link to the snarky write up, as I would be happy to share it on the podcast's FB & Twitter page!

https://eknagel.wordpress.com/2016/0...in-my-captain/ bear in the mind this is one of the few non sports/ pro wrestling blog entries I've written, last one I did outside that niche was defending the decision to kill Han in force awakens

I really enjoyed your take Tawmis! I never even thought about the diversity aspect about putting Steve back in the suit while keeping Sam in at the same time. Personally I would have done what Cap did back when John walker took Up his mantle. Have steve become another differently named superhero, perhaps put him in a mask and we don't find out who he is until like ten issues in.i like the concept of legacy heroes and Sam transferring from falcon to cap made perfect sense. Let me know what you thought of my blog post !
    Last edited by Yankee; 05-27-2016 at 01:39 PM.

https://eknagel.wordpress.com/2016/0...in-my-captain/ bear in the mind this is one of the few non sports/ pro wrestling blog entries I've written, last one I did outside that niche was defending the decision to kill Han in force awakens
    I really enjoyed your take Tawmis! I never even thought about the diversity aspect about putting Steve back in the suit while keeping Sam in at the same time. Personally I would have done what Cap did back when John walker took Up his mantle. Have steve become another differently named superhero, perhaps put him in a mask and we don't find out who he is until like ten issues in.i like the concept of legacy heroes and Sam transferring from falcon to cap made perfect sense. Let me know what you thought of my blog post !
    Thank you!

And I enjoyed yours! I also posted it on the Comic Relief Podcast FB page, which automatically posts it to our Twitter account.

Well at this point, Steve should change his name to "Captain Hydra." But... because Marvel knows they're just doing this to "shake things up and fully intend to reverse it" - they're keeping him as Captain America so that when the story is undone, the title of the book can still be called Captain America.

That's my take anyway.

I already figured the out they will use, since it was a reality bending prison that resulted in returning cap to his youthful state, perhaps the cube also rearranged caps past and therefore present day motivations. Whenever Steve regains his senses maybe he gets promoted to Admiral America so that way Sam remains captain. Ps I just realized Deadpool is essentially the Canadian version of Nuke.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Whenever Steve regains his senses maybe he gets promoted to Admiral America
    Never happen. Don't be ridiculous.

Admirals are Navy. General America, now that I can see.

~ Le Messor
    "Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
    ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Never happen. Don't be ridiculous.

Admirals are Navy. General America, now that I can see.

~ Le Messor
    "Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
    ~ RonaldReagan
    I just had this image in my head of Steve Rogers portraying the head of the joint chiefs staff to POTUS, and made me think of this gem:
    https://youtu.be/8XbPGsLSw1k

also general America has a great pun ring to it
    Last edited by Yankee; 05-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.

I still say its USAgent pretending to be Captain America and USAgent is Hydra trying to make CA look bad.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    I still say its USAgent pretending to be Captain America and USAgent is Hydra trying to make CA look bad.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel went this route...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    While it's not NT, you might wanna check the preview art at http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...gin-marvel-now
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. Wonder if he's in it more than just that page.