Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Guardian still a cyborg?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Read the Power/abilities section of the same bio as it talks about his cybernetic upgrade and says he still has it.
    If we're talking the A-Z HC Vol.4;
    "After alteration by the Qwrrlln, Hudson possesses a computer-like mind, which grants him a photographic memory, incredible mental processing skills, and vast mental storage capacity. Further, his body has increased stamina and endurance, and can convert perspiration into electrical energy by means of an electro-osmotic reaction. Hudson can also control and override all electromagnetic frequencies once he has accessed their wavelengths."

So while definitely not human, not necessarily cybernetic either, but yeah I can see that the Master didn't completely revert him back.
    The handbook is the only place after #130 that cybernetics are ever referenced though, yeah?

Also he never brainwashed him, they even state it a few times in #130 that he was never brainwashed. Even in #130 they state his computer like mind thought the Master's plan was logical and thanks to his cybernetic upgrade he listened to the Master's plan more and agreed.
    Not my words, just quoting the handbook.

As to now, best guess; Hercules was unaware of Mac being part cybernetic and revived him as 100% human *shrugs*

Not counting the fake Mac's comment about them, I mean.

I believe that Mac is still has the Cyborg parts in him, but his humanity has returned. After he came back in "Building Blocks" Heather refured to him as a cold fish. See AF 90 -100. But in issues after 130, Mac did show more emotions like in Wolverine #92 (?) and vol 2.

I believe that the Master took Mac's implants out. AF #130 "No! This cannot be. We understood each other. Didn't we? After an eternity of isolation on an artificial plateau of evolution, at last I had someone who understood my dreams. My needs."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If we're talking the A-Z HC Vol.4;
    "After alteration by the Qwrrlln, Hudson possesses a computer-like mind, which grants him a photographic memory, incredible mental processing skills, and vast mental storage capacity. Further, his body has increased stamina and endurance, and can convert perspiration into electrical energy by means of an electro-osmotic reaction. Hudson can also control and override all electromagnetic frequencies once he has accessed their wavelengths."

So while definitely not human, not necessarily cybernetic either, but yeah I can see that the Master didn't completely revert him back.
    The handbook is the only place after #130 that cybernetics are ever referenced though, yeah?
    Different entry, but yeah says the exact same thing.

The electro-osmotic reference was stated in Vol.1 due to his cybernetic enhancements, so I don't see how he could do it if he didnt have any technology in him. I have to recheck, but I believe in an issue with Wolverine they did. Even a suitless Mac shot an electromagnetic blast (which could have been an error) when kidnapped by A.I.M

Not my words, just quoting the handbook.

As to now, best guess; Hercules was unaware of Mac being part cybernetic and revived him as 100% human *shrugs*
    I know, just don't agree with it as they specifically mention several times he wasn't brainwashed.

Remember cyber Mac teleported Herc to fight Galactus, he would have known. HOWEVER, I can see Hercules bringing him back as 100% human though. I have my doubts he still is cybernetic.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-24-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Maybe his first-in-forever "teleporting" power use in the current series is an indication that he is now 100% human. If that's something he never did as a cyborg, it would seem the power was in the suit but not the cyborg bit.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Don't forget what happened in vol 3 where Mac came back from the past and never "died" so was never made in to a cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Don't forget what happened in vol 3 where Mac came back from the past and never "died" so was never made in to a cyborg.
    That was the temporal copy and that version of Mac returned back to his original time-line.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I always read his re-introduction as The Antiguard at the end of Volume 1 as The Master having taken all the cyborg stuff out of him.
    I have no idea why I thought it at the time, or if there's been anything to contradict it since, however.
    I don't know why you thought that either, but I thought the same thing.

- Le Messor
    "Quantum particles: the dreams that stuff is made of."
    ~ David Moser

but the duplicate was seemingly killed during the escape.
    I always thought this was lame; what a stupid way to get rid of the cloned younger James. And, reading the issue, it felt REALLY fake and contrived - I didn't believe it then, and i don't buy it now, either. That younger clone is still out there somewhere, probably in AIM's hands even right now!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I doubt he has anything but human parts; after all, why would machines go to the afterlife?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Er...Aaron Stack just got very angry with you!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    I want to forget ALL ABOUT Volume 3
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    I doubt he has anything but human parts; after all, why would machines go to the afterlife?
    Y'know, the shopping, the ice-capades...

- Le Messor
    "No machine heaven? Where do the calculators go?"
    ~ Kryten

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Er...Aaron Stack just got very angry with you!
    Bah! He's drunk, and I could take him.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

A robot? Drunk?
    Has he been forgetting to take his alcohol again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	119693755_37b8f6f2&#55.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1326

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’m too young for that stuff."