Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if you had to draft a team of Alpha Flight ...

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I'd do
    1. Puck (Eugene Judd) as de facto leader
    2. Deadpool second in command. Three words. Canadian. Badass. Chimichangas! Seriously though I think Eugene and Wade would bounce off each other extremely well both in comedy, action, and serious moments.
    3. Copycat (initially posing as Aurora or possibly a character she invented for the sole purpose of being recruited into Alpha Flight. Since she was revealed to be back alive during Daniel Weys run, nothing has happened with her since. It also be interesting to see how she and Deadpool interact working as a team for a chance.
    4. The Son of Major Mapleleaf Jr. and Puck (Zuzha Yu) major maple leaf the third inadvertently aged to a teenager due some mishap. Gung ho youngster out to avenge his parents deaths.
    5. Alice Hu ( that reporter from the Unity story line that wore the groundhog armor)
    Last edited by Yankee; 03-20-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

I'm curious about why only 1 member of the original teams could be chosen? It just seems an odd way to build a team, not to mention, I don't understand why you broke your own rules, Tawmis?

Anyway, I'd try to keep the team Canada-centric as possible.

*Guardian (Heather would be leader in the red leaf uniform)...
    *Jack Frost (he probably isn't Canadian, but he is trapped in northern Canada and he's a pretty cool character...see what I did there?)
    *Albert (the Wolverine robot, with the codename Weapon Alpha)
    *The Wendigo
    *Deadpool (he's met Heather and he'd bring a lot of humor and inner conflict to the team).
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 03-28-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm just guessing but I think why he put the limit on one actual member is to see how well people could incorporate the rest of the Marvel Universe. Mind you with their being very few Canadian heroes who never were in Alpha flight, it is very challenging to form a Canadian only team. As an aside, when did Deadpool meet Heather in a substantial way? I know Sasquatch was in issue 1 of Deadpool, and the Canadian jumpsuit era of Alpha Flight (Which did include heather, but also had Weapon Omega, Puck, Windshear, Goblyn, and a couple others I'm blanking on) had a one to two page fight scene with Deadpool and sabretooth in a flashback issue during Duggan and Posehns run on the Merc with Mouth, but I'm assuming your talking about something else entirely?

Hi Yankee, I was talking about his comment about only using one past Alpha Flight member from past volumes and even the Omega Flight team, but then he used two past AF members (Snowbird and Windshear).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Hi Yankee, I was talking about his comment about only using one past Alpha Flight member from past volumes and even the Omega Flight team, but then he used two past AF members (Snowbird and Windshear).

Dana
    Ahkay I missed his post where he made his picks. Sorry to ask this again, but you missed it in the post of mine you replied to, when did deadpool meet heather? To my knowledge the only interaction he had with alpha flight (barring that tongue in cheek fight he had with the Flight in deadpool vol 3) was when guardian flew over him as the general was giving wade his sales pitch to join weapon x.

Negative.
    Though in Deadpool (1997) #1 it was made clear that Sasquatch knew Deadpool, so there's an untold tale or two in there somewhere.

The (2013) #34 flashback is considered canon though, so that would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Negative.
    Though in Deadpool (1997) #1 it was made clear that Sasquatch knew Deadpool, so there's an untold tale or two in there somewhere.

The (2013) #34 flashback is considered canon though, so that would be enough.
    Yeah I knew that. Personally the Alpha-Pool relationship I'd like to see explored is with Puck. Not just because they are both joksters with good hearts, but because of their late discoveries of being fathers, Deadpool with Ellie and Puck, with his grandson (who is never named so to any writers out there, call him Louis the Third!) also with their tentative shared Uncanny Xforce Connection, albeit the only shared roster member on both the team with deadpool and the Team with puck is Psylocke.

Was Windshear ever officially a member of Alpha Flight?

And Flashback never was (was he? I mean, other than the villain team Omega Flight)

Yes Windshear was. In issue 95 he and diamond lil are named official alpha flight members, and he served as their official press liaison whenever they weren't on a mission for the remainder of volume 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Yes Windshear was. In issue 95 he and diamond lil are named official alpha flight members, and he served as their official press liaison whenever they weren't on a mission for the remainder of volume 1.
    Ah! So let me adjust...

1. Snowbird pulls the team back together (Aurora is busy, Northstar is with the X-Men, Shaman is busy, Vindicator & Guardian are tending to their kids)
    2. Andtromeda. Formerly a member of the Defenders, Snowbird calls to the Atalnatians for help and Andromeda answers the call.
    3. American Eagle in the area, gets involved in helping and joins this new version of Alpha Flight. (Essentially to become like Shaman)
    4. Flashback suddenly appears back - uncertain what has happened to him. (Turns out the Secret Wars version of himself warned him and altered his history)
    5. Speed Demon still trying to make good of his life, has fled the US, and now living in Canada and joins Alpha Flight to try and make amends (and essentially get extradition exemption by becoming a government asset of Canada). He would have sketchy behavior and be the team's "Northstar" in many regards.

You've still got Snowbird and Flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    With only ONE member who has ever been in ANY volume of Alpha Flight (including Beta and Gamma, and the "good" Omega...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    when did deadpool meet heather? To my knowledge the only interaction he had with alpha flight (barring that tongue in cheek fight he had with the Flight in deadpool vol 3) was when guardian flew over him as the general was giving wade his sales pitch to join weapon x.
    I apologize, I guess I'm thinking of Maverick having met Heather...I still think Deadpool would be great for inner team conflict and comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    You've still got Snowbird and Flashback
    Flashback was only a member of the villain team Omega Flight?

Oh. Poop. I suppose that includes Beta Flight.

Ugh. Yeah I just realized that...

1. Snowbird pulls the team back together (Aurora is busy, Northstar is with the X-Men, Shaman is busy, Vindicator & Guardian are tending to their kids)
    2. Andromeda. Formerly a member of the Defenders, Snowbird calls to the Atalnatians for help and Andromeda answers the call.
    3. American Eagle in the area, gets involved in helping and joins this new version of Alpha Flight. (Essentially to become like Shaman)
    4. Valkyrie Having worked with Hercules during Dark Reign, Snowbird makes connections to an assortment of deities - and in the process recruits Valkyrie to be a part of this new version of Alpha Flight.
    5. Speed Demon still trying to make good of his life, has fled the US, and now living in Canada and joins Alpha Flight to try and make amends (and essentially get extradition exemption by becoming a government asset of Canada). He would have sketchy behavior and be the team's "Northstar" in many regards.

This makes my team pretty female heavy, which I actually like. And I can see American Eagle being the serious one. Speed Demon, meanwhile, would be hitting on all the women, as quick as he can run, to see if any of them "pay off."