Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: #2 spoiler-ful thread

i no longer believe the figure is aurora, if you look at dales site issue 3's previews, jp clearly has aurora in his arms as they bust out of dept. h

Yeah, but that doesn't mean she stays with him in #4.

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser. I have a feeling that it may indeed be [spoil]a revived Diamond Lil[/spoil]...or that's who I would really like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Hmm...curiouser and curiouser. I have a feeling that it may indeed be [spoil]a revived Diamond Lil[/spoil]...or that's who I would really like it to be.
    That would be cool! We dont have the spoiler function on this site. Use white font instead (highlight to see)

Oh and welcome to AF.net!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    That would be cool! We dont have the spoiler function on this site. Use white font instead (highlight to see)

Oh and welcome to AF.net!

Love,
    rplass
    Gah! Sorry! I'll try to remember that for future reference! Ooh, I just thought that maybe it's not even a woman at all, but a revived Wild Child! He had long hair!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Gah! Sorry! I'll try to remember that for future reference!
    You can also edit it into your above post...
    Though I'm not sure if a fan theory counts as a spoiler.

- LM
    "The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    You can also edit it into your above post...
    Though I'm not sure if a fan theory counts as a spoiler.

- LM
    "The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."
    Blergh. I feel like I've just walked out feeling confident, not realizing I had toilet paper stuck to my pants.

Images

Blergh. I feel like I've just walked out feeling confident, not realizing I had toilet paper stuck to my pants.
    I'd be more worried about that mustard stain.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I'd be more worried about that mustard stain.
    Only if they were white jeans, which I stopped wearing after 1986 lol

I was supposed to stop in 1986? Egads, heavens to mergatroid!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I would have preferred to see Heather NOT brainwashed, but to see the character acting on her own under different motivations
    Brainwashing is most effective if it incorporates elements of the victim’s desires, so the custody of Clair could indicate that this was a long range plan. That would also explain why the custody went to distant cousins rather than Heather’s parents or one of her 6(/) siblings.
    That approach to brainwashing is shown in the tracts on Marrina and Shaman.
    I disliked the abuse reveal of Aurora almost as much as Suzene did. Unnecessary and almost trite with her established Catholic past. Hopefully they will swipe this as part of the brainwashing that the "programmers" guessed wrong at. They knew J-M was abused, so made an erroneous assumption on the nature of the abuse. To me, the psychological abuse that J-M has suffered in the past remains far more horrifying than any sexual abuse could be, because you know it wasn’t an incident but how she was raised THROUGHOUT childhood. I never saw sexual context in Byrne’s stories, but a logical expansion of nuns with corrective rulers taken to the extreme. To the detriment and harm of the child. Nd when faced with a elf-eared girl that could fly, the nuns did not come off as evil in that story.
    As far as the idea of Walt being an abuser of Aurora...JEANNE-MARIE may see it that way. She never chose to involve herself with him, AURORA did.
    I don’t know if I remember correctly, but didn’t Tanaraq (sic) take the form that Walt created during his attempt to make himself into a Hulk figure? This allowed Snowbird to take the form because it was created in Canada. It also means that gamma rays were part of that creation, so Walt’s defeat is credible by my path of logic.
    I’m still not liking the "Purple Woman" name over "Persuasion."
    Just by body language, I thought the shadowy figure on #4 was Aurora from the first time I saw it. I think Jeanne-Marie and Aurora will be on different teas.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Images

I don't think Walt's defeat had anything to do with gamma radiation?
    I'm pretty sure Tanaraq's form is Sasquatch - witness that's what Snowbird's parents showed her. It was the fact that the amalgamation of Walt and Tanaraq was created on Canadian soil that allowed Snowbird to assume the form.

With you on Persuasion.

- Le Messor
    "Guess who woke up on the wrong side of the bison."
    - Sokka

http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogsp...l-4-issue.html

The above is my full review, such as it is. I'm a few weeks late to this party, but I'll add my two cents worth into the fray.

Personally, I have no problems with any of the writing or plot within this issue. I think it all works, its all good, and I look forward to more of it. I am happily confident. No, this isn't John Byrne's Alpha Flight; but, if you want John Byrne's Alpha Flight, then i suggets you READ John Byrne's Alpha Flight.

At the end of the day, this is Alpha Flight as Greg and Fred image them. That means changes. Change happens. This series is good enough, that i am willing to swallow the changes, and hang on to this great series with future anticipation for many more good things. Van Lente and Pak - best writers of comics in the business today. We hit the jackpot, people!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/