Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Casting ALPHA FLIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    I don't know of any or many young Aboriginal actresses. I just went with whom I know and about the same age as the person she's to portetre.
    hey,

a thought occurred to me. I was watching the Vancouver Games (well done, by the way). isn't "First Nation" another
    term for Indians? I'm sure Melinda would make a lovely Talisman, but wouldn't Irene be better given she's Indian?
    You need to have every square inch of your ass kicked-Evil Willow to Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    I don't have a pic of him but did anyone out there watch the last couple of Survivor seasons? I think Russel Hainz would make a perfect Puck (he would just need to be shrunk down a bit like they did with the Hobbits a la Lord of the Rings. His smile gives his face the exact same look as Puck had in Byrne's solo issue #5.

DIGGER
    Is Mr Haines an actor? I'm still going with Martin Klebba...He has the size and he's in great shape.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

How about Canadian, First Nations actress Crystle Lightning for Talisman?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	213429-001_large..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	1304

perfect!

How about these Canadian actresses for Heather?

Amy Sloan

Name:	8505829_tml..jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	1305

Or Rachelle Lefevre (two pics of Rachelle)?

Name:	people_rachelle_&#10.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	1306

Name:	300full..png 
Views:	107 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	1307
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 07-07-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: EDITED to say, I specifically looked for ginger actresses.

Hmmmm....She might make a good Heather.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Neillogan View Post
    hey,

a thought occurred to me. I was watching the Vancouver Games (well done, by the way). isn't "First Nation" another
    term for Indians? I'm sure Melinda would make a lovely Talisman, but wouldn't Irene be better given she's Indian?
    Yes first nation is another term for North American indians. Calling them idians ( I think) is rather dergitory and if you refer to them as America Indians, well lets just say it gets rather confusing, just like the time Apu got his citizenship on the Simpsons. I had spent some time in the Artic where I was the visible minortiy, I'm of a non-visible minority when I'm in Toronto, which kind of sucks because no one sees me.
    Last edited by Alpha Rider; 07-07-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    How about Canadian, First Nations actress Crystle Lightning for Talisman?

Name:	213429-001_large..jpg 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	1304
    I like your taste in women cmdrkoenig67. I never really watched T.V. but my son watches YTV (Youth TV) where Melinda Shankar is on a show called How to be Indi (I think that's the title.) So when the topic of casting came up I went to Wikipedia for the name and I "Googled" her....name that is.

I think Marc Warren would be perfect for Wildchild. His features are a tad unusual, he has the most piercing pale blue eyes, and he's very capable of playing creepy or handsome, depending upon which incarnation of Kyle we're talking about.

Name:	20070210ho_dracula.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	1357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12618225_gal..jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	1358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d0082668_4b30cd901&#57.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	1359

I discovered him when I saw the Hogfather, where he's the polite, eloquent psychotic Assassin Mr. Teatime. He definitely plays creepy or unhinged particularly well.

I wanted to post a clip of him in action as Mr. Teatime, but I wasn't finding any quality vids. I usually hate Christmas movies, but I definitely recommend the Hogfather. Any movie in which the Grim Reaper dresses as Santa and there's a psychopath out to assassinate the real Santa has got to be worth your time, don't you think?
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Back in the 90s I thought Paul Gross would have been a great Mac.

Definitely looks like him.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I wanted to post a clip of him in action as Mr. Teatime, but I wasn't finding any quality vids.
    Don't worry, I have the DVD.
    And, yeah, he'd make a great Wildchild. (Bit on the tall side, though? Oh, well, no big deal.)

- Le Messor
    "We prefer to speak evil of ourselves than not speak of ourselves at all."

Bit on the tall side
    As Wild Child is usually hunched over anyways, shouldn't be a big deal; think Smeagol, but Canadian.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Probably a bit old for the part, but Christian Slater has the eyebrows and snotty attitude to play Northstar.