Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Age of X: Alpha Appearances

[QUOTE=Le Messor;78839]If you look closely at the things on Northstar's wrists, you can see the knots, leading more to 'he's wearing string' for me... though the 'knots' could be the jewels that cause the light streams.

My guess is they are some sort of energy band/whip that causes damage when you brush up against them. Would be pretty cool in battle IMO.
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Jeffries appears in one panel with a line in X-Men Legacy #248 "It was misery and horror from start to finish. Rip it out of me." in regards to Frost/ The Cuckoos wiping the memories of Age of X from everyone.

I've changed my mind about the mystery character being Jeffries. Here is a re-creation of the character with some minor coloring changes. Read all about it here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmenlegacy248b..jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1143
    Click to enlarge
    Last edited by rplass; 05-29-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

haha that's great, well done

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I've changed my mind about the mystery character being Jeffries.
    You've convinced me it's him.

- Le Messor
    "Life is an endurance test, so why be ashamed of your age?"
    ~ P.K. Shaw

Yeah, my thought was that if you halved the table from Frost's right shoulder to Nemesis' right shoulder then that'd be the power balance and Madison would be on the science team side.
    His behing that far to the left is artistic licence as to not have him obscured by Frost and while you could have Madison moved up a bit, having Angel where he is as a standing central focal point works with the page dynamics and the symmetry.

Yeah, I wonder why that scene weren't drawn from a higher perspective. If you want to show everyone at a table, you look down on them from above the plane of the table. You don't have to look straight down on them from a point in the ceiling, but just above the table is enough to see over the characters in the foreground. If the perspective were about a foot above Emma's shoulder instead of square behind her back, he could have put Jeffries right next to Dr. Rao AND fit Namor next to Emma.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why that scene weren't drawn from a higher perspective.
    You make good points... I know that sometimes, as an artist, I just assume a straight-ahead, eye-level persepective. It's hard to get over that 'hump' of realising I need to / can change perspective.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’m having all my plants neutered."

X-Men Legacy #250, out today, so some spoiler space.

S

P

O

I

L

ER
    space

Eh, not big news but thanks for scrolling down. Northstar appears in one panel in flashback to the scene in New Mutants #24 where he's kneeling down and holding his head. That's all, but it's a pretty good issue so go buy it!

Ugh... $4.99 for one panel.... I still bought it though

I'm fed up of paying $2 for reprints I don't care about though!!! I can get the back issue for that!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Ugh... $4.99 for one panel.... I still bought it though

I'm fed up of paying $2 for reprints I don't care about though!!! I can get the back issue for that!
    I'm probably fired for saying this, but I won't pick it up.
    I'm getting pretty tired of buying comics I don't enjoy for single-panel appearances.

- Le Messor
    "If a cluttered desk is an indication of a cluttered mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?"
    ~ anonymous

Come on guys! Beef it up! Now that we've got a new series, you're getting soft?!??! Toughen up a little!

No more complaining! If baby rplass whined like that I'd send her to her room! Well, her room is full of kids comic books so maybe that's not such a good example but hey, quit yer whining!!!

It's the reprint I'm complaining about.
    There should be a standard $2.99 version and then a $4.99 version + reprint. Or a $3.99 + voucher for digital reprint download or something.

But then again beer should be free and there should be world peace.

I tend to just buy the stories Alpha feature prominently in. Northstar and Jeffires being affiliated to the X-Men presents to many appearences to get every one. Periodically I pick up the British Marvel 'Essential X-Men' which reprints three X Title issues for £2.95. Get a few minor appearences in that.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Is that Box's foot in one of the panel's too?