Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AF Art Commissions

Not exactly a commission, but a birthday gift from a friend arrived today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lnb0nefkF5.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	1272

BBL, hearts in my eyes...

That's a nice piece of work, can't quite make out the comic, but caught the X-Men in the text.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    That's a nice piece of work, can't quite make out the comic, but caught the X-Men in the text.
    It's the art from Northstar's X-Men: Origins entry.

Nice! I'm so glad it's in the hands of someone who will appreciate it and love it so much! Or drool on it and ruin it... hopefully not! I wrote up a little review of the issue that came from. It's a great Alpha Flight image!

suzene, can you scan it in on a flat scanner instead of the photo image? We can post it in the Gallery here.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

hey, a great piece to own! Congrats Suz!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Nice! I'm so glad it's in the hands of someone who will appreciate it and love it so much! Or drool on it and ruin it... hopefully not! I wrote up a little review of the issue that came from. It's a great Alpha Flight image!

suzene, can you scan it in on a flat scanner instead of the photo image? We can post it in the Gallery here.
    I think I can restrain myself from licking it until I get it signed by Mike Carey, then all bets are off.

I'm pretty sure the watermarked version of this image is already in the gallery somewhere. Just as well, my little flatbed can't do anything much bigger than 11 X 8.
    Last edited by suzene; 06-25-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Ah yes I found it here:

One can see the twins normally there. Reversed but in their entirety. The final product had them all washed out with hand-flare. Wow, what a great piece of art to own.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

This is sweet
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    This is sweet
    Absolutely love that size ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Absolutely love that size ratio.
    That's what caught my eye, that's how I envision Sas. BTW some Hembeck AF here. About halfway down.
    Del

Byrne is still the ultimate Alpha artist! The first and best!

DIGGER

What most who have drawn the character after me seem to miss, is that Sasquatch is supposed to be kind of "cute" looking -- until he gets mad.

From what I have seen, too many try to make him look monstrous and savage ALL THE TIME.
    Thank you, JB. Perfectly stated. And prefectly drawn. All the gushing on his board is mainly about Wolverine; for me, it is about the quintessential ability to draw Sasquatch like nobody else can.

Also, they comment about the amount of hits on his thread; I think that may have to do with rabid Sasquatch fans more than anything else!

(The above comments in no way are meant to disrespect Dale Eaglesham or any other artist who has drawn Sasquatch; truly, i mean that.)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Thank you, JB. Perfectly stated.
    Yeah, it's the ages-old problem of thinking that because something works one or two times, it must work all the time.
    Combined with the 'if everything stands out, nothing does' problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    (The above comments in no way are meant to disrespect Dale Eaglesham or any other artist who has drawn Sasquatch; truly, i mean that.)
    Yeah, Dale is one of the few whose art makes it look like he even looked at Byrne's drawings before taking the assignment.

- Le Messor
    "That's okay, I don't do thanks. I turn all red and have to bail. It's not a pretty sight."
    ~ Oz