Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newsarma's Obscure Stars

Default Newsarma's Obscure Stars

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-o...-series-1.html

[h=#2 SASQUATCH]3[/h]
    With Alpha Flight apparently no longer a going concern, judging by Puck's appearance in Uncanny X-Force, perhaps it's time to start looking for other breakout characters from the team.
    Northstar, of course, has already decamped to the X-Men, but what about the gentle giant who takes the Hulk formula and makes it far less scary... and far more hairy? Dr. Walter Langowski has the gentle demeanor and amazing strength to head into the mainstream -- as well as the long-standing risk of losing control should he rely on his powers too much.
    With that kind of ticking time-bomb set-up providing all manner of possibilities for classic Marvel "power/responsibility" riffs and the visuals of a giant monster saving the day as people run in terror, who says this couldn't be the monster book you've been waiting for in Mighty Marvel Manner?

I completely agree in regards to both Sasquatch (with emphasis on the "apparently" in "with Alpha Flight apparently no longer a going concern"), and Nighthawk.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I always thought that a Sasquatch & Puck mini could be quite fun.

I'd totally buy that! I'd like to explore more of his family... his ex-wife, Gilded Lilly, maybe see some Aurora aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I always thought that a Sasquatch & Puck mini could be quite fun.
    Haha definetly.

Langkowski.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, most people don't notice that 'k'!

~ LM
    "NOPQRS"

I've always wanted to see a story dealing with his (only once mentioned) son. Here's a kid who's got his dad's brains, and has an axe to grind for Walter having left him and his mom. A nice mini would be Walter and Mac, or Walter and Eugene if Puck is available, going after his son who is working for AIM to recreate his dad's experiment in controlled gamma-empowerment. Walter, for obvious reasons, wants to keep this under the official radar. His son, however, is working with AIM only so he can recreate his dad's experiment and turn himself into a Hulk so he can make his father pay for "abandoning" him as a boy. Hmm, now that I think about it, it might make a good team up to have Aurora there, the woman he ran away with. The story could fill in a lot of AF's background for new readers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I've always wanted to see a story dealing with his (only once mentioned) son. Here's a kid who's got his dad's brains, and has an axe to grind for Walter having left him and his mom. A nice mini would be Walter and Mac, or Walter and Eugene if Puck is available, going after his son who is working for AIM to recreate his dad's experiment in controlled gamma-empowerment. Walter, for obvious reasons, wants to keep this under the official radar. His son, however, is working with AIM only so he can recreate his dad's experiment and turn himself into a Hulk so he can make his father pay for "abandoning" him as a boy. Hmm, now that I think about it, it might make a good team up to have Aurora there, the woman he ran away with. The story could fill in a lot of AF's background for new readers at the same time.
    I like it... minus the Hulk. Already to many Hulks out there.

I've always wanted to see a story dealing with his (only once mentioned) son.
    Part of me hoped that he was the character in this thread.

Images

I've always wanted to see a story dealing with his (only once mentioned) son.
    For a long time, I thought it was going to turn out to be Wildchild.

~ Le Messor
    "It is far better to be deceived than to be undeceived by those we love."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    For a long time, I thought it was going to turn out to be Wildchild.
    Are you referring to that unfinished comment Walter said to Wild Child way back in Alpha Flight 105? I can't remember exactly what Walter said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Are you referring to that unfinished comment Walter said to Wild Child way back in Alpha Flight 105? I can't remember exactly what Walter said.
    Oh yeah! I just re-read it and Walter keeps referring to Wild Child as "kid".. interesting!

Images

He also blamed himself for Wildchild.

~ Le Messor
    "It is illegal to ridicule the public architecture in Star, Mississippi."

Ive felt for a long time that Sas was an under rated Marvel character. he is right up there with The Thing and Hulk and has fought both of them and held his own. I also agree that there are way too many hulk clones (Red Hulk...really?). Big Foot isnt just a Canadian legend as it is often "sighted" in many parts of the US so its not like many Americans wouldnt be able to associate with what the character is conceptually.

I think and have thought before about how cool it would be to see Walter make an appearace in The Avengers. I know Puck, Madison and Northstar are on X-teams but Walter isnt a mutant (I know Puck isnt either but meh).

As much as I would love to see the Flight as an on-going, I dont think its going to happen anymore (with the exception of the odd mini-series) so this may be our best chance to see some of our favourite characters.