Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Create your own Alpha Flight Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post

Make Wild Child and Diamond Lil bad guys again, eh? Who would be in Box?
    And not sure who Sedna is?
    Sedna is the goddess of the dead in Inuit mythology. She had a few appearances in Thor. She's limited to depths of the north seas. Thought she would make a good foe for Marrina or Snowbird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-Sednam.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	4456  

Alpha Flight
    Puck (field leader)
    Guardian (Mac sometimes)
    Sasquatch (sometimes)
    Box
    Talisman
    Inuit mystic teleporter
    Feedback (Guardian)
    Ghost Girl

Shaman head Mystic, Heather chief administrator, Walter chief scientist, Mac chief engineer. But Walter and Mac are needed in the field too sometimes.

Beta Flight (dirty work)
    Nemesis (leader)
    Persuasion
    Pathway
    Goblyn
    Earthmover
    Marrina

The way things are in Marvel I have a hard time using mutants on any team. But I'm sure Pathway and Goblyn would ally with AF over mutants. Feedback may want in and can power the Guardian suit, be Guardian when Mac can't. AF uses the regular six always, and always has a Guardian that way. Box provides muscle when Sasquatch is unavailable.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Alpha Flight (main team)
    Guardian (Mac) (leader)
    Snowbird
    Sasquatch
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Talisman
    Marrina
    (New character)
    When you say New Character - have anyone or anything in mind?

Alpha Flight (main team)
    Beta Flight (secondary team)
    Windshear (leader)
    Earthmover
    Box (Jefferies)
    Citadel
    St. Elmo
    Diamond Lil
    (New character)
    (New character)
    First issue of Beta Flight, Earthmover dies a horrible death, right?

Alpha Flight (main team)
    Omega Flight (covert/black ops team)
    Puck (leader)
    Nemesis
    Pathway
    Goblyn
    Purple Woman
    Wild Child
    Witchfyre
    Wyre
    This is a pretty cool idea. And a perfect team to do just that! The fact that you have Witchfire, Wyre and Goblyn on this same team, makes me happy!

Alpha Flight (main team)
    Epsilon Flight (Canada's version of SHIELD)
    Heather (in a Nick Fury role)
    Shaman (head of Mystical Division)
    Roger Bochs (head of Tech Division)
    Smart Alec (head of Sciences Division)
    That's pretty freaking brilliant right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Alpha Flight

1) Agent K (from Machine Man # 1
    2) Aurora
    3) Lynx
    4) Northstar
    5) Sasquatch
    6) Shaman
    7) Snowbird
    Judd/Puck

Official unofficial liason(s) - Frank Hulme, Mr. Farnum, and Agent Brown (Omega Flight version)
    I never read Machine Man, so I don't know who Agent K is. And not sure who Lynx is either?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    Sedna is the goddess of the dead in Inuit mythology. She had a few appearances in Thor. She's limited to depths of the north seas. Thought she would make a good foe for Marrina or Snowbird.
    I can dig it! A villain that would impact two members. I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    Alpha Flight
    Puck (field leader)
    Guardian (Mac sometimes)
    Sasquatch (sometimes)
    Box
    Talisman
    Inuit mystic teleporter
    Feedback (Guardian)
    Ghost Girl
    For your teleporter, you'd create a new character? Witchfire or Goblyn could probably fill that role?

Beta Flight (dirty work)
    Nemesis (leader)
    Persuasion
    Pathway
    Goblyn
    Earthmover
    Marrina
    Man, what's with the Earthmover love?

Alpha Flight:

Guardian (Heather Hudson) - Leader
    Aurora
    Marrina
    Northstar
    Puck (Eugene Judd)
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen)

Mac is taking care of Claire and doing tech work for the team and Dept H. He also dons the Guardian mantle when Heather can't (or wants a day off...LOL).

Shaman mentors his daughter and is semi-retired.

Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-05-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    I totally agree, she'd make a great adversary for the entire team too.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Alpha Flight:

Guardian (Heather Hudson) - Leader
    Aurora
    Marrina
    Northstar
    Puck (Eugene Judd)
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen)

Mac is taking care of Claire and doing tech work for the team and Dept H. He also dons the Guardian mantle when Heather can't (or wants a day off...LOL).

Shaman mentors his daughter and is semi-retired.

I like the team. Original team with Talisman.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

I never read Machine Man, so I don't know who Agent K is. And not sure who Lynx is either?

Man, what's with the Earthmover love?
    Agent K was a(n effective) Canadian covert operative who helped Aurora, Northstar, and Sasquatch uncover the plot by then-Senator Miles Brickman to pit the United States against Canada by using Machine Man. Tom DeFalco (writing)/Steve Ditko (art).

Lynx---who admittedly I only know of from the MARVEL HANDBOOK---might be an interesting new character for Alpha Flight, and she has ties to Wolverine, if he needs to make an appearance.

Earthmover. What's not to love?
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 08-06-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: still learning to spell

Earthmover because I'm trying to put in mystics when mutants are hard to get. And an Inuit teleporter over Witchfire because she's kind of evil and unavailable and I want someone who can teleport without being a target, new kind of teleporter, much more adept than others, can teleport herself or large groups, does it unlike others, mystic angle again, can hold people out of reality and put them right back where they started when the danger is gone. Plus, I want an Inuit character.

Make the team a combo of special regular humans and magic.
    Last edited by Mokole; 08-06-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Agent K was a(n effective) Canadian covert operative who helped Aurora, Northstar, and Sasquatch uncover the plot by then-Senator Miles Brickman to pit the United States against Canada by using Machine Man. Tom DeFalco (writing)/Steve Ditko (art).

Lynx---who admittedly I only know of from the MARVEL HANDBOOK---might be an interesting new character for Alpha Flight, and she has ties to Wolverine, if he needs to make an appearance.

Earthmover. What's not to love?
    For Agent K, sounds like something I need to read. Do you know the issue #s?

I will need to look up Lynx! (Although I am sick of everyone having ties to Wolverine!)

As for Earthmover...

Earthmover because I'm trying to put in mystics when mutants are hard to get. And an Inuit teleporter over Witchfire because she's kind of evil and unavailable and I want someone who can teleport without being a target, new kind of teleporter, much more adept than others, can teleport herself or large groups, does it unlike others, mystic angle again, can hold people out of reality and put them right back where they started when the danger is gone. Plus, I want an Inuit character.

As for Earthmover, I have frequently mentioned my dislike of the character. And how if I wrote at Marvel, my first issue would be killing him. But I completely jest! I get liking weird, obscure character. (My avatar is Adam-X for crying out loud! Talk about digging obscure characters - and claiming that he's one of my favorites, ever, no less!) I have never seen the appeal of Earthmover (but I am sure there's FAR more people who don't see the appeal of Adam-X, so who am I to judge?)

And I dig the idea of an Inuit teleporter (or character), the more diversity and representation, the better.

For Agent K, sounds like something I need to read. Do you know the issue #s?
    Machine Man #18

I really liked how Department H was featured in an issue of Wolverine First Class. Logan selected his strike team from a list of people suited for the mission. I would base my series around that premise. With Heather running things at HQ, assigning missions etc. Shaman would be retired and team physician and I would have Agent Brown as a sort of Agent Coulson type.

Alpha Flight
    Guardian (Mac)
    Wolverine
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Sunfire
    Aurora
    Talisman
    Snowbird

Beta Flight
    Box
    Diamond Lil
    Flashback
    Witchfire
    Windshear

I would also put some thought into updating their costumes. I really liked Talisman's Omega Flight costume as well as Puck's look from the last series. It seemed more modern.There is also some fan art of Aurora I saw once where her costume was modernized and she had a yellow visor. I would try doing stuff like that for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Alpha Flight
    Guardian (Mac)
    Wolverine
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Sunfire
    Aurora
    Talisman
    Snowbird
    I think you're the first to put Wolverine on the team. And Sunfire, no less! Wolverine would make the book sell.

Beta Flight
    Box
    Diamond Lil
    Flashback
    Witchfire
    Windshear
    I dig this team.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

This would be an interesting team with balance. I hope the-powers-that-be will consider it. Talisman is one of my favorites but I didn't include her as an official member of Alpha Flight on my list, and Northstar is an X-man now, but if it were possible he'd be in contact as a part of the team from the states. Aurora without Northstar, in Alpha Flight, just seems wrong (imo).

I really liked how Department H was featured in an issue of Wolverine First Class. Logan selected his strike team from a list of people suited for the mission. I would base my series around that premise....
    I would also put some thought into updating their costumes...
    It always made sense to me that superfolk would have more than one uniform/costume.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 08-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I'm gonna completely switch stuff up:

My 8-member Alpha Flight would be:
    1. Vindicator (this'd be Windshear wearing the Guardian armour) - Mac and Heather would both retire from superheroing, just help run the team and do scientific research for Department H, etc.
    2. Box (Roger Bochs - I'd find a way to bring him back)
    3. Puck
    4. Talisman (I'd continue her relationship with Puck, and have them dual-lead the team in the field)
    5. Citadel (prison work-release program)
    6. Aurora
    7. Snowbird
    8. The Shroud (why not?!)
    - Sasquatch would be more interested in science and trying to reverse the effects that the Sasquatch transformation is starting to have on his body, but he would be available to stop in and help when needed. Northstar and Jeffries are too entrenched in the US of A to be returning to Canada, me thinks.

Beta Flight:
    1. Shaman, their leader
    2. Ghost Girl
    3. Flex
    4. Yukon Jack (and I STILL think it'd be funny if he was in love with Snowbird)
    5. Epsilon Red (Jeff Brown, wearing a new suit of Epsilon Black armour with a red motif)
    GREAT IDEAS HERE! I like how you mixed this up. Especially with Windshear, Citadel, The Shroud and Epsilon Red.

Just noticed your post, Tawmis - in particular, "perhaps work on a relationship between them (where he wants her, but she wants nothing to do with him, remaining the aloof Snowbird I enjoyed)."
    I believe we are thinking along the same wavelengths, or close to it!
    Again with some great background building!

Cool idea putting Windshear in the Guardian suit. Heather and Mac could be parents also in their retirement, since they still have a daughter - SOMEWHERE.
    Agreed!

And not sure who Sedna is?
    Sedna (Inuktitut: ᓴᓐᓇ, Sanna) is the goddess of the sea and marine animals in Inuit mythology, also known as the Mother of the Sea or Mistress of the Sea. The story of Sedna, which is a creation myth, describes how she came to rule over Adlivun, the Inuit underworld. Sedna is also known as Arnakuagsak or Arnaqquassaaq (Greenland) and Sassuma Arnaa ("Mother of the Deep", West Greenland) and Nerrivik ("Table", northern Greenland) or Nuliajuk (District of Keewatin, Northwest Territories, Canada).