Thread: Of Purple Girls and Time Travel

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Of Purple Girls and Time Travel

Okay, okay, this isn't directly about an Alpha Flight character (only tangentially), but here it is:

http://www.mania.com/doctor-for-marv...le_141237.html

It may be little more than a rumour, though.
    (Also, wasn't he originally a Daredevil villain? Because that's also an upcoming Netflix series. And is, in fact, mentioned in the article.)

~ Le Messor
    "A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
    ~ Saint-Exupery

I've seen this on a few different sites. Casting the Purple Man in this series is a great move.
    Netflix is doing multiple series, one for Jessica Jones, one for Daredevil, and one for Luke Cage and Iron Fist (although I've also heard that both of them may actually have their own series).
    They will gradually start tying the storylines in these series together, building to a mini-series of The Defenders.
    Purple Man has a past with both Daredevil and Jessica Jones, so its an easy tie-in.
    The Flight Forever !

Images

I don't know that Iron Fist is in any of that. ?
    Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Luke Cage, and the Defenders are all pretty much confirmed, though.

Purple Man is low budget too. Purple face makeup and a little swirly focus thingy with the camera and that's all the SFX you need for him.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I'm hoping they write the "Heroes for Hire" concept into the Luke Cage series, which would be a great way to bring Iron Fist into it.
    I think Silver Sable could then be brought in as well... and she is also a good low budget "Made for TV" type character.
    The Flight Forever !

And if they bring the Heroes for Hire into it, here's another villain we all know that could be thrown into the mix... dare to dream.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heroes_for_Hire_Vol_1_12.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	4649
    The Flight Forever !

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    I think Silver Sable could then be brought in as well... and she is also a good low budget "Made for TV" type character.
    And she'd fit in well with the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. type of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    And if they bring the Heroes for Hire into it, here's another villain we all know that could be thrown into the mix... dare to dream.
    Well... I'd rather they bring him in with Alpha Flight.

~ Le Messor
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    ~ Winston Churchill
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-01-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would do well to include Department H more than tangentially. Purple girl, but how about getting intel from Puck? Help from Langkowski on a science issue? Hudson on engineering? Or mythic Talisman/Shaman help? Lots of potential.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Having Langkowski in human form as a Doctor would be a nice touch that I could see work.
    Or maybe Mac working at Am-Can.

It's also quite possible we'll get a flashback to PM's origins so may see a baby Kara in there?

Images

Maybe, but was she part of his origins? She's more of a retcon, I think.

Yeah, she's definitely a retcon, but that doesn't mean the TV has to stick to the comic origins.

Images

Also true. In fact, they haven't yet (see Graviton et al.)