Thread: John Byrne on Drawing - and even a remark at the end about Alpha Flight.

Default John Byrne on Drawing - and even a remark at the end about Alpha Flight.

Just to point out, the actual AF mention isn't by Byrne himself; it's the tumblr-er's.

On the What If? post, Phil made posted What If? John Byrne didn't hate Alpha Flight? What exactly caused him to dislike this superhero team?
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Your best bet is to go to Byrne's forum itself and do a search on Alpha Flight.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I didn't know he'd quit drawing comics.
    The sad irony for me is, while I agree that the magic has gone out of a lot of the big name comics, I think a lot of it would come back if Byrne was doing them!

~ Le Messor
    "Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks."
    ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I didn't know he'd quit drawing comics.
    The sad irony for me is, while I agree that the magic has gone out of a lot of the big name comics, I think a lot of it would come back if Byrne was doing them!
    You know... it varies. I remember (back in 2000?) when it was announced Chris Clairemont was coming back to Uncanny X-Men... and then he wrote those horrible stories about the "next level" mutants (I can't even remember what they were called; and that's saying something...)

So, sometimes, the greats returning... don't always bring back the greatness they once had.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    when it was announced Chris Clairemont was coming back to Uncanny X-Men... and then he wrote those horrible stories
    When I wrote what I did, I started to think... 'What I really mean here is, if 1983 Byrne came back'.
    But I didn't change it.

That is really unfortunate...I enjoyed a lot of his work throughout the years. I really do think he was shafted by Marvel...The constant politics in the business has probably also helped extinguish those fires.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!