Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Then I'm really lost as to what your point is.

The whole thing stemmed from rumours regarding the Fantastic Four title.
Fantastic Four is a different beast; it's less profitable and it's one single title.
I can totally see another FF situation or a Heroes Reborn situation; but again that's a change, not a cancellation.
However I admit cancellation could be possible for that particular title based solely on money.

The X-titles won't be cancelled.
Changed, is a possibility; and I've never disagreed with that.

Even if the only X-titles are ones without the word "X-Men" (ie. Cyclops, Storm, X-Factor, whatever...) there will still be X-titles.

Wolverine, even in death hasn't been cancelled; there are at least a year's worth of books with Wolverine in the title coming out while he's dead.
Actually, Phil, the 'whole thing' came from this thread, originally.

http://community.comicbookresources....e-to-the-X-Men

And I'm not quick to dismiss this as mere fiction.

And, X-Titles without the word "X" in them are still X titles?!? That makes very little sense.

I'm talking about the potential to limit the use of most of the mutant characters, pick and choose a few to use (on teams called Avengers, Defenders, whatever, just not a 'mutant team'), and then wait a few years for the hullabaloo to die down, see what they want to do down the road. It may not make sense from a comics viewpoint, but from a Financial viewpoint, big-picture? Considering that another movie company is getting filthy rich off of Marvel's mutant characters? Yeah, it makes a Lot of sense.