Spinning out of http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...f-Alpha-Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
Heather puts on the suit in Alpha Flight #32.
Heather kills Snowbird in Alpha Flight #44.

That's 13 issues, before she's a better leader, in killing a member.

Mac, who we can say had the 2 issues in UXM (120/121), 139 & 140, and we shall say about 6 of the issues of the original volume before his demise - means he was a "leader" for 10 issues, without killing a single member.
I think the issue here is that you're applying real-world logic to super-powered fiction.
You clearly take issue with the fact that Heather killed someone.
Does this make Captain America a bad leader? Wolverine a bad leader? Justice a bad leader?

And, the person who she killed was Snowbird, who as you later say:
Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
AI love Snowbird (which is why Heather's choice offends me so much, LOL)
So your dislike of Heather's leadership is personal one, no? Had her first kill been Earthmover would you have been bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
The mistake of reflecting a shot off Colossus isn't even a leadership thing. It's a lack of familiarity with his suit. He wasn't leading anybody.
Okay, being that specific; Mac was leading the team when they died against The Collective.
That's six dead Alphans (including himself) and one severely injured, that he led into battle.

By the time she'd had 20 or so issues to herself, she was down to two other full-fledged members, who must have been getting a little nervous by this point.
So, by devil's advocate logic; Heather was a better leader as her team was streamlined with less members and less experienced members, and yet still achieved more.

And just to clarify here; nowhere have I ever said that I think Heather was a better leader - just that she's referenced as such throughout the last two-thirds of the original series; by the writers who are writing her and not Mac as leader.