Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Amazing X-Men #11 Solicitation

Guardian First Flight
    Images

I'm so excited that this is happening. I have a few questions questions:

Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family to get her daughter back? Where is her daughter now? Why did Mac take her back? Why is Guardians leaf upside down in this cover?

Pass.
    Pass.
    Pass.
    Poor research; the kind that seems to have affected a lot of artists over the years.

Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family?
    Ask yourself - why is Winter Soldier not in prison for murdering Nomad?
    Apparently if you're brain washed, you're not held liable for your actions, and free to go.

Where is her daughter now?
    I suspect that might have something to do with the big fight her and Mac had. Or at least, I hope it does.

Why did Mac take her back?
    Because she was brain washed, and was not herself.

Why is Guardian's leaf upside down in this cover?
    They're in the spirit world. Everything's backwards. Like looking in a mirror.
    Or something.

Those are my guesses! (Well except for the last one, I think Phil may be more correct than I am...)

Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
    I'm so excited that this is happening. I have a few questions questions:

Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family to get her daughter back? Where is her daughter now? Why did Mac take her back? Why is Guardians leaf upside down in this cover?
    Did Heather ever get her toes back?

Pass.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm hoping most of these questions will be explored later in 'World War Wendigo'. For now, nobody's told us.

~ Le Messor
    "2-10-11: eyes, fingers, toes!"
    ~ Gomez

I'm guessing that none of it will be touched as it's all just too messy to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm guessing that none of it will be touched as it's all just too messy to go back to.
    You are probably right, Phil.

Unfortunately, the lack of cleaning up the questions of the past, just adds more and more unwanted baggage to the characters. After the Alpha Flight One-Shot tried so hard to re-set the characters, Volume 4 came along and added more questions to the pile, more stuff that future writers will all but ignore.

That's tough for our beloved Alpha Flight heroes.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Well I think the "fight" is going to come up. Otherwise, it seems like they would have written as "Mac took off to investigate and hasn't come back..." Why mention the fight if it's not to be touched on?

To create drama if one of them were to die/appear to be dead, and as an even easier plot point; why Mac went off alone.
    Had there not been a fight Heather would have no doubt investigated with him.
    Which means Wolverine would never have realized Mac was missing, which would mean there was no storyline.
    Sometimes it's about working backwards when plotting.

Now see, why wouldn't they have just gone with Heather saying, they've had a bad year and she's given up the super hero business. And go on to say that Mac hasn't returned in awhile, and then Wolverine says, "I think we need to go look for him, then." And Heather says, "Well I have given it up. I had a really rough year." Wolverine gives her the pep talk of, "You're a strong woman, and my healing factor is gone. I could really use you Heather." And Heather says, "Okay, let's do this then."

Seems like they could have gone a much simplier route than "We had a bad year" and "a bad fight" and "Mac might not come back."

That's just opening up questions that are begging to be answered; and if there's no intention of answering them, why not go a much simplier route?

(That is naturally a rhetorical question, I don't expect you to know for real, or anything! Just saying it for discussion's sake!)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    This isn't a case of going back and cleaning up earlier stuff; most of these questions came out of AmzX #8.

~ LM

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Now see, why wouldn't they have just gone with Heather saying, they've had a bad year and she's given up the super hero business.
    Who says she's given up though? She still has her costume.

And go on to say that Mac hasn't returned in awhile, and then Wolverine says, "I think we need to go look for him, then." And Heather says, "Well I have given it up. I had a really rough year." Wolverine gives her the pep talk of, "You're a strong woman, and my healing factor is gone. I could really use you Heather." And Heather says, "Okay, let's do this then."

Seems like they could have gone a much simplier route than "We had a bad year" and "a bad fight" and "Mac might not come back."

That's just opening up questions that are begging to be answered; and if there's no intention of answering them, why not go a much simplier route?
    Because it's an X-Men book not an Alpha Flight book.

Wolverine helps Heather.

In your scenario Wolverine needs Heather's help. That's a Wolverine guest-appearance in an Alpha Flight book.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    This isn't a case of going back and cleaning up earlier stuff; most of these questions came out of AmzX #8.
    Not sure which questions you're on about, but the original ones that I was referring to:
    Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
    Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family to get her daughter back? Where is her daughter now? Why did Mac take her back?
    Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
    Did Heather ever get her toes back?
    came out of Volume 4. Which by the end had a maximum 18,000 people reading it.
    Amazing X-Men is not the place to answer these questions at the expense of it's own storyline.