Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Amazing X-Men #8 SPOILERFUL Discussion Thread

I loved it! I know I say that for every AF appearances (minus the horrible ugly terrifying look Northstar had in Astonishing Xmen!) but I do mean it.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

And as far as Puck and Talisman, maybe they aren't dating but rather just F.W.B. I think it fits in well. Puck has been known to be a lady's man, and Talisman does have major Daddy issues, so I think it would be normal for her to go towards older men, especially the rough-on-the-edge ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It seems I'm the only one that's slightly disturbed by it, but as FP said it's a personally scale so I'm well aware it's just how I think.
    When Boom-Boom and Puck were flirting I didn't find it as strange however, so maybe it's just the fact that Puck was essentially Liz's teacher when she was with Beta Flight, or that it's just because Shaman is a close friend of his.
    You're not, I didn't care for it either. It did seem random. I just shrugged it off as being one of those "a lot can happen in a year" type of things and am hoping that it gets talked about later in this appearance.

I also wasn't crazy about him hanging up on Heather. If it had seemed like a call to whine about her hudband, that's one thing. But it seemed clear that it was an emergency. She DID get it out that she needed THE TEAM in Forrest, right? But he just dismisses it. That seems off.

For that matter, so does Mac walking out after an argument.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Heh - so I have to say I enjoyed the issue. Glad, if they're going to put Heather in an outfit, it's her VOL2 outfit - so we didn't have two of the same costume running around (that's reserved for Aurora and Northstar). Although, over all, I mentioned on another forum - when trying to re-read Vol 2, I didn't enjoy it as much as I originally did (it was mostly how young Mac was drawn). I never cared for Heather in costume, at all anyway. But if she's going to be in one, the Vol2 one is the one I'd prefer for her.

As for the Puck pages - I thought it was really weird too, initially. But Puck has always been pretty vibrant and active. And if there's anyone who has "Daddy" issues - it'd be Talisman. So perhaps the Puck and Talisman thing makes more sense if you read into Puck's origin.

That said, I am hoping this means, Alpha Flight will be appearing in issue #9 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I loved it! I know I say that for every AF appearances (minus the horrible ugly terrifying look Northstar had in Astonishing Xmen!) but I do mean it.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

And as far as Puck and Talisman, maybe they aren't dating but rather just F.W.B. I think it fits in well. Puck has been known to be a lady's man, and Talisman does have major Daddy issues, so I think it would be normal for her to go towards older men, especially the rough-on-the-edge ones.

Oh how funny - just saw your reply - we both focused on the daddy issues with Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Oh how funny - just saw your reply - we both focused on the daddy issues with Talisman.
    It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the scene, Tawmis!