E

R

Mystique rules!!!

S

P

A

C

E

OK when Mystique was going through Trask's files, was that Wyre we saw? It looked like Wyre to me. Well, dead, autopsied Wyre, which kind of sucks though. Maybe a good screencap can confirm.

Here is a crappy image. Oh it's graphic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wyrepossible.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	3844

All around I loved the movie, tons of fan-friendly stuff, and that Quicksilver scene in the kitchen was just incredible. Nice job on that SFX! Just great overall, what a great movie!!!
    Last edited by rplass; 05-25-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I just got back from seeing this.

X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Or, as I like to call it; "Wolverino Deux and the Topsy-Turvy Tomorrows, One Night Only, Live In The Shag Lounge"

I call 'em as i see 'em. Didn't think i was going to like this, but I did.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

There was one scene, where Chuck looks into Logan's head, and sees his pain. Unexpectedly, I gushed forth the tears at this scene. Which just goes to show, despite the over-saturation of the marketplace, even this guy can still relate to and empathize with a well-written Wolverine.

And Wolverine WAS well-written in this film.

I'd stop short of saying I loved the film, but it was definitely good.

Like "First Class", the message was well received by the filmmakers; pace your film slower, make it more about the characters than the explosions, and people will like it.

Kudos. Considering that they were mixing casts from what are now practically different franchises, this was well done.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I actually came here to start this thread, if it hadn't been started already. I saw it on Thursday (who says I'm not lazy? Waiting 'til now to post), and it was awesome.

The guy I was with (who doesn't know comics like I do) thought it was the best X-Men movie so far; I wouldn't go that far (X2, maybe First Class), but still loved it.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Quicksilver rules!!!

S

P

A

C

E

Rob - I don't think that was Wyre; I'd expect Quill or somesuch. But I can't back that up.

Purists will have issues because the character mix was all wrong; I don't care. I think you'd have to be really, really picky to get hung up on that. Most of them were portrayed really well; Sunspot was unrecognisable, though.
    They really handled the 'character overload' issue well. There were a ton of characters, but that never got overbearing or stood in the way. Not for me, anyway.
    The only problem I had with that was Kitty sending people through time. It's doesn't make sense as part of her power set, and they didn't try to explain it.

That Quicksilver scene in the kitchen was just incredible.
    (Quoted for truth)
    I've never liked Quicksilver before. I doubt even the Joss can match this.

I loved the classic music references: Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Roberta Flack.

They erased X-Men 3! Yay!

I keep telling people there's a post-credits scene; but if you're not a comics fan, it'll mean nothing to you.
    (Of course, we are, and it means a lot. But... I don't like Apocalypse as a character. I do think, though, that Bryan Singer can make him interesting.)

~ Le Messor
    "This isn't like the (Sherlock Holmes) books: there's not a deerstalker or magnifying glass in sight."
    ~ Mark Strong, showing his ignorance on the Sherlock Holmes BluRay.

I heard there was a post-credits scene, but didn't bother to stick around for it. Bladder-1, PostCredits-0.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Well-played, bladder. Well-played.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Post Credits scene:

We zoom in on a desert. A rhythmic sound in the background resolves into thousands of voices shouting over and over:
    "Imhotep! Imho--"

Um...
    "En Sabat Nur! En Sabat Nur!" (apologies if I misspelled that.)
    We zoom around a skinny guy in a robe, seeing first a hand; but there's something slightly off. Is his hand blue? Not in a modern filmic, 'the colours are never right, this isn't The Amazing Spider-Man 2' way, but his hand is! It's actually blue. We see (well, the guy I'm with sees) four guys on horses watching as bricks fly around and the Great Pyramid of Egypt builds itself from nothing.

Fade.

Images

I had a face-palming realisation this morning. Quicksilver wears a Dark Side Of The Moon t-shirt; (it's in the photos released before the movie, hence no spoiler) and in the comics he lived on the Moon. I've only just made the connection. ~ Le Messor "Money is the best messenger." ~ Yiddish proverb

My wife, my sons, and I saw it on Saturday... and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Thought Bryan Singer did a great job of tying the timelines together in this, and has thankfully erased some of the negatives that had worked their way into the series (ie. The Last Stand).
    Still not my favourite X-movie ( X2 still holds that title ), nor my favourite film of the year ( The Winter Soldier ), but this was really well-done. We did not go in thinking this would be identical to the Claremont / Byrne story... we just left our minds open to the experience.
    The scene with Quicksilver in the kitchen... one of the most entertaining scenes I've witnessed in a movie.
    Working Magneto into the JFK plot was a great touch.
    The addition of Blink, Bishop, and Sunspot into the future scenes worked very well.
    Also thought this was one of Hugh Jackman's best portrayals of Logan... I'm starting to think that they should keep him in a team setting instead of the solo projects.
    All in all, one of the better superhero movies, and a great launching pad into the Apocalypse.
    The Flight Forever !

Nice adaptation of the original cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x-men-days-of-future-past-film.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	3847
    The Flight Forever !

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Nice adaptation of the original cover.
    Yes. Well-done; weird, though, that they replaced Banshee with Xavier, when we've had a Banshee in the movies.
    A little off-topic, but last night I watched the Alternate Ending to The Wolverine. I liked it.

~ Le Messor
    "Money is truthful. If a man speaks of his honor, make him pay cash."