Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marvel Universe To Be Completely Rebooted, DC Style? *RUMOUR*

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Heh, see I love the Brood as ruthless, evil, villains - Uncanny X-Men #162-166 is some of my favorite space stuff with the X-Men, which features the brood and how ruthless they are. (Also happens to be the best drawings of the Brood, other than Uncanny X-Men #155). So a "nice" Brood just ... bothers me. And that it has glasses too? And sort of resembles a humanoid form, rather than the Brood form? All things I dislike about said mutant Brood.
    Oh, yeah, fully agree. I'm just surprised to find I like Broo; I still think he shouldn't exist, because the idea suxxors for all the reasons you just said, but I actually like the character himself.
    'cept when he turns into actual Brood and goes on rampages. I don't like him then.

But I don't like Marrina when she does that, either.

~ Le Messor
    "His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."
    ~ Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Oh, yeah, fully agree. I'm just surprised to find I like Broo; I still think he shouldn't exist, because the idea suxxors for all the reasons you just said, but I actually like the character himself.
    'cept when he turns into actual Brood and goes on rampages. I don't like him then.
    But I don't like Marrina when she does that, either.
    Oh, so he has this other side to him? That would at least bring it CLOSER to what I expected out of Brood. For Marrina, it's not that I enjoy when she goes crazy - but considering the Plodex mentality - I get it. (The only real reason I don't like it, is because there's little character development of someone who's rampaging, which is exactly why I have never been into Hulk!)

As irony would have it, however, I love Sabretooth, for the sheer fact he's so animalistic and ruthless...

Images

I myself am often surprised at tastes' little quirks.

Broo went crazy once because of brain damage; it isn't a side to him, I'm afraid.

~ Le Messor
    "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial."
    ~ Irvin S. Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Cool if that's all it is...
    but the Nu52 started out as nothing more than a The Flash crossover.

~ Le Messor
    I'm sick to death of DC's reboots (which the latest one can't even keep it's new continuity straight)...Ugh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I'm sick to death of DC's reboots (which the latest one can't even keep it's new continuity straight)...Ugh.

Dana
    Such as? (I am curious because I feel like I collect 90% of the New 52, and not sure what is broken?)

Such as? (I am curious because I feel like I collect 90% of the New 52, and not sure what is broken?)
    I was going to ask the same thing, as I haven't heard much continuity complaints from DC fans (once they got over the reboot itself).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I know the Robins' continuity was messed up: Tim Drake being referred to as a former Robin, yet he supposedly was always Red Robin and "never a Robin". The original Teen Titans were referred to in "Red Hood and The Outlaws", yet they supposedly never existed.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I know the Robins' continuity was messed up: Tim Drake being referred to as a former Robin, yet he supposedly was always Red Robin and "never a Robin". The original Teen Titans were referred to in "Red Hood and The Outlaws", yet they supposedly never existed.

Dana
    You are correct about the Tim Drake thing. I am pretty sure you're accurate there. I don't recall about the Teen Titans, however?

Dana
    I have all the Red Hood books, and don't recall that. However, you could be right; i'm too lazy to pull out all my books and re-read them to check.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

You are correct about the Tim Drake thing. I am pretty sure you're accurate there. I don't recall about the Teen Titans, however?
    This isn't the first time I've heard it mentioned.

~ Le Messor
    "If a cluttered is an indication of a cluttered mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?"
    ~ Anonymous

The FCBD for May revealing the post-Secret Wars team makes it look like it won't be a complete reboot:
    http://www.newsarama.com/23904-anoth...-revealed.html

Images

Nova, eh?

I can go for that. Hope it's the one I'm reading, but I can go another one.

Images

I've just realised that the 'All-New, All-Different' are deliberately 'All-New yet somehow familiar'.

I'm considering picking it up, but this line:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort
    So throw out your preconceptions about Earth's Mightiest Heroes as we change the game, rewrite the rules and destroy childhoods with an Avengers team that more closely reflects the world outside your window!
    is one of those that's meant to make me want to read it, but has the exact opposite effect.

'Rewrite the rules' and everything before it usually means 'give you something completely alien to what you've read before, demand you love it just as much because it has the same name,' 'destroy childhoods'... 'nuff said, and 'world outside your window' means 'New York City' (where I've never even been, let alone had a window in). (Here, though, given the characters I'm looking at, it might mean diversifying the cast.)

Still, I like Nova and Mark Waid can be a great writer.

~ Le Messor
    'Are you sure we haven't met?'
    Batman: "I have one of those faces."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-26-2015 at 04:45 PM.