Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Welcome, Crackity.

Have people told her we're friendly?
    Good. Good...

It'll be great to see your reactions through the Mantlo run.

When I first read #25, I'd already seen the cover to #26, so the Mac is Delphine twist never came as a huge surprise to me. Spoilers!

We have a chronology thread which may be of some use. I'm kind of in a bad place to look it up right now; specifically, Colorado, on a borrowed computer, and really tired, but it gives a good order for reading mixed issues (like annuals and guest appearances).
    The Gift, I think, is (two) of the best non-Byrne issues out there. Alpha Flight and the New Mutants never interact in Asgardian Wars, though; it's collected from the Alpha Flight / X-Men mini and an X-Men and a New Mutants annual that had follow-up stories.

~ Le Messor (aka Mik)
    Last edited by Le Messor; 05-11-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Welcome, Crackity.
    Have people told her we're friendly?
    Good. Good...
    It was the only way to lure - I mean, invite her - here.

You guys are something else.

Thanks, Le Messor. I am sure that I will find that thread (eventually). I haven't had much online time to really dig through the threads here.
    I am still reading The Gift because of a million interruptions (happens here quite often unless I am home by myself which DOESN'T happen often enough). I'll try to put up scans of my favorite parts.

Okay, so when Claremont is good, he's freaking fantastic and the best EVER.
    But when he's off, he is pretty damn off (um, I'm mainly thinking his Captain Britain).
    Fortunately, he's very on for this two-shot/mini (what is this called?) ETA: Two-issue limited series, as it states, sorry. This is some really amazing stuff.

Anyone think that maaayyyybbbeeee we might get some of this with AF being in Amazing X-Men? Think Kyle and Yost could deliver something as great as this? Or no?
    Last edited by Crackity Jones; 05-11-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Images

Whaddaya know? The chronology thread is first up in the Alpha Talk section:
    http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...nce-Chronology

Yes, this is Claremont at his best. For that reason alone, I don't expect anything else to reach those heights.
    The Kyle / Yost version could still be great.

~ Le Messor

Thanks!

And, yeah, I figured it was probably Claremont at his most awesome.

Here's to hoping Kyle and Yost can deliver some good things!

I read #30 on Friday, and really, I think if Heather doesn't get Mac back soon, she's going to kill off the rest of her team (I know she doesn't, but still).
    Crazy-endangering-her-team-lady-cause-of-her-lack-of-powers.

I feel so bad for her.

Images

Only now, at the beginning, do you understand the full power of Mantlo's run!

~ Le Messor
    Calvin: Moe, I was wondering something. Are your maladjusted antisocial tendencies the product of your berserk pituitary gland?
    Moe: What?
    Calvin: Isn't he great, folks? Let's give him a big hand!

Oh, no.
    How bad are my feelings going to be hurt?

Bad. Keep reading.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Bad. Keep reading.
    I'M A TROOPER! I will not stop reading, I promise. No matter how much it breaks my heart.
    And no matter how many Not Macs I get. I'll keep going. I won't give up.

I just may come here and cry, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    I just may come here and cry, okay?
    That is sort of what we do here; we are an online community of weepers. "Welcome to Alpha Flight Anonymous. My name is Flightpath07, and...oh, daggnabit...waaaaaaaaaaa!"

No, seriously. If we didn't cry and complain here, we'd combust.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

That's what we're here for.

Look at it this way: Remember when Brian K. Vaughan left Runaways, and was replaced by Joss Whedon, and it was hardly his best work? And then he left and got replaced by somebody less good?

That's the musical comedy version of this.

(Of course, if I've been mistaking your avatar this whole time, that all may mean nothing to you.)

~ Le Messor
    "Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    That's what we're here for.

Look at it this way: Remember when Brian K. Vaughan left Runaways, and was replaced by Joss Whedon, and it was hardly his best work? And then he left and got replaced by somebody less good?

That's the musical comedy version of this.

(Of course, if I've been mistaking your avatar this whole time, that all may mean nothing to you.)

~ Le Messor
    "Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life."
    hahaha. I get the gist, I think. But my avatar is Violet from Rat Queens.
    If you're not reading Rat Queens, you REEEEAAAALLLLLLYYYYY should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    That is sort of what we do here; we are an online community of weepers. "Welcome to Alpha Flight Anonymous. My name is Flightpath07, and...oh, daggnabit...waaaaaaaaaaa!"

No, seriously. If we didn't cry and complain here, we'd combust.
    Just know, I may post a couple of "WTF" posts and just "Sobs" posts.
    And know that it's because I don't really read any spoilers, I try not to pay attention to covers, and I am already emotionally attached to every single character.