Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I am too discussing Alpha Flight! There was just a side bar, about how Bill could write well (ROM and MICRONAUTS), but even by the end, that got weird - then he said he was a ROM fan, which made me say he (and YOU! AND EVERYONE!) should check out ANNIHILATORS!
    I have both of those Annihilators mini series. Abnett and Lanning wrote a good Spaceknights / Dire Wraiths story in the first mini. And don't forget the 2nd half of those issues contained stories of Rocket Raccoon (created by Bill Mantlo) and Groot! So we are still talking about Mantlo. Wahooo!

The Walter/Wanda thing, would have been funny for an issue or two... Sadly...
    This brings me back to those two infamous words, "editorial interference" ...

But enough about that! After all, this thread is all about the Crackity One!

There was just a side bar
    Oh, ok. So, a guy swims up to a side bar and orders a salad, and the judge looks at him funny and says, "Counselor, do you even know where you are?"
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    This brings me back to those two infamous words, "editorial interference" ...
    I agree. But didn't the interview say to change Walter back to Walter ASAP?

But enough about that! After all, this thread is all about the Crackity One!
    Oh, ok. So, a guy swims up to a side bar and orders a salad, and the judge looks at him funny and says, "Counselor, do you even know where you are?"
    The Counselor's answer in that joke is SO disgusting... I am sure everyone's heard it before though.
    There is no joke. I am mostly running with it and messing with people!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    And, is it me, or is it just outright GROSS that Mantlo is seemingly pairing up Knapp and Purple Girl?
    It was CLEARLY stated that she is only 13 years old, and I would assume that Knapp is considerably older since he was an intern for a "doctor".
    WHY were these things allowed to happen????
    Back to Alpha Flight. After reading the Kitty Pryde and Colossus romance in Uncanny X-Men, I guess I got desensitized. I found Kara and Manikin's romance only somewhat creepy. If I was Whitman Knapp, I would have been chasing after other interns, or nurses, or even doctors.

You guys can talk about whatever you'd like. As long as we can talk Alpha Flight occasionally.

And, Chris: One of my other fave characters, Nightcrawler, is back to dating his sister again. And I still think it's gross. Even if they are not blood-related.
    I might be too uptight at times for comics? I don't know.

I might be too uptight at times for comics? I don't know.
    You like Rat Queens, so you can't be all THAT uptight!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

It'd certainly make things easier. Hades, not even the Skrulls thought to impersonate Alpha Flight, because they're so uninfluental, apparently...
    Well, as I've said on another thread, the Skrulls DID impersonate Alpha Flight.

I am not sure if you're reading the new NOVA series (with Sam Alexander)
    Yep! And enjoying it thoroughly...
    But that's another story and shall be told at another time.

Why are you discussing these things that are not Alpha Flight, Tawmis? :P
    since he has a female form, he's also decided that he likes boys and was flirting with Gary Cody.
    I honestly don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Back to Alpha Flight. After reading the Kitty Pryde and Colossus romance in Uncanny X-Men, I guess I got desensitized.
    Me, too? Maybe?
    Actually, I'd thought of Kara as at LEAST 16, and hadn't done the maths on Mannikin being an intern; so I never had the squick factor everybody else did.

~ Le Messor
    "Most new ideas have a certain foolishness to them when first produced."
    ~ A.N. Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I honestly don't remember that.
    #51. I will scan.

You like Rat Queens, so you can't be all THAT uptight!
    HA!
    Rat Queens is awesome, though, and doesn't have team members mind raping/controlling each other. It doesn't have 13 year olds on its team who are dating grown men.

HA!
    Rat Queens is awesome, though, and doesn't have team members mind raping/controlling each other.
    Why are we talking about something other than Alpha Flight, Crackity?

(Sorry, you do realize I had to say that, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by tawmis View Post
    why are we talking about something other than alpha flight, crackity?

(sorry, you do realize i had to say that, right?) :d
    i do what i want.

Has anyone read the AF Flashback issue or the What If?! I recently purchased those with other back issues
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Has anyone read the AF Flashback issue or the What If?! I recently purchased those with other back issues
    What are these????
    I do not have.

I'm presuming you mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	af2_-1_original.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	4135 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whif59_original.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	4136

If so; yup yup, I'd guess that most of us here have.

Crackity definitely shouldn't have yet though.
    Although I suppose the Flashback takes place before Volume 1 and the What If doesn't really matter so it wouldn't harm her to have done so yet.
    They're both definitely not Byrne-esque in tone though.
    The Flashback is a Volume 2 pre-cursor and the What If is very late 90's.