Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hey Crackity (should we call you that?),

A very warm welcome to the site and thank you for joining!

It's always refreshing to hear of new 'Flight fans.

There's also an Introduction Thread but it's pretty stale by now, so this thread is a great idea
Hi, Phil!

Thanks for welcoming me.

I'm thinking I should have titled this thread "Crackity Jones' discovery of Alpha Flight", and just turned it into my kind of "log" of each Alpha Flight issue I read. And you all could join me on my journey to discovering the awesome that is Alpha Flight.
You could feel happy for me when I reach the highs of certain stories, and bad for me when I reach the low points.

Right now, I'm entering Mantlo's AF run. And from what other fans have told me, it's going to suck.
But, I'm trying to go into it with no preconceived notions and a clear mind so I can judge for myself.
But I'm a little nervous. Just coming off the high (well it was awesome to me, anyway) of Byrne's run, I don't really want my Alpha Flight ruined.

I was on issue...I think it was #24 or #25, and I went on Amazon.com to order the 4th TPB...only to realize I couldn't find it.
Because it doesn't exist.
Then I looked up Byrne's Alpha Flight only to find out that he stopped writing and arting it at #28.

Why must all the nice things eventually be taken from us?