Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    She's been pretty busy lately, she's mentioned it on the CBR forums (and vanished from there shortly after).
    A-HA! Abducted by Marvel, to be kept in a dingy basement bullpen somewhere until she agrees to write the new best-selling Alpha Flight series (under the pen name "Stan Lee").
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've been missing her!

I feel like Crackity Jones was a Marvel spy coming to feel the fan's beat, and then left. If we think of the Marvel Universe, do we think Crackity Jones stands for anything ? Is there a character who's last night is Jones?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I feel like Crackity Jones was a Marvel spy coming to feel the fan's beat, and then left. If we think of the Marvel Universe, do we think Crackity Jones stands for anything ? Is there a character who's last night is Jones?
    Sorry to bust your conspiracy with facts, but:
    Crackity Jones, as was revealed somewhere, possibly this thread, is a reference to a song by (The Smiths, I think).
    She came aboard and got weighed down by personal problems / business and had to leave.
    (I'm tempted to use the Parable of the Sower as my quote, but reading comics is hardly what that applies to.)
    Also, somebody is still in touch with her on another comics board. I forget which one.
    Plus, she lives in Chicago; nobody who works for Marvel knows that there is anything outside the wall around NYC.

'last night'? Stupid auto-correct! Or did you use swipe?

~ Le Messor
    "Never try to catch two frogs with one hand."
    ~ Chinese Proverb
    Last edited by Le Messor; 10-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.

It's the Pixies! 'Crack-crack-Crackety-Jones Whup Whup!'

And that's a shame. I was really enjoying this thread and she's fun. Wanted to see her reaction to a certain character's.... makeover... XD
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

I AM HERE!

I am not a spy. Well, at least not for Marvel. :P

I just got super busy with work. Like, WHOA busy. But there is a bit of a calm before the holiday storm, so I have been able to continue on with reading some AF lately.

I read #98 (and posted this on CBR already), but not quite sure of what to think about Nicieza's run so far. It's kind of gaudy, but that goes hand in hand with the 90's. Switching Guardian to Vindicator upon Mac's return was kind of f*c&y for my brain to adjust to.
    The 90's art kind of hurts my feelings.
    I mean:

And then:

But I am a determined bugger. And I am sticking by my Alpha Flight. The best superhero team ever. Through bad art and all. <3

And I have really, Really, REALLY missed you guys a TON.
    I will try never to disappear like that ever again.
    "I cannot promise to try, but I'll try to try."
    YOU MEAN THAT MUCH. <3

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    I am not a spy.
    Wait... That's exactly what a spy would say! :P

I just got super busy with work.
    Called it!
    That's probably a good thing, though, right?

I read #98 (and posted this on CBR already),
    Last I heard, you were in the #30s - 40s. Have you skipped a bunch, or really got that far in your reading (and not told us?)?
    What do you think of the Inbetweenies?

but not quite sure of what to think about Nicieza's run so far.
    I have a theory that Nicieza takes a lot of jobs just for the money. When he's writing for love, he's really good, but when it's just for money, it shows.
    The biggest trouble I had with the artwork in this run is the constipated poses.

And I have really, Really, REALLY missed you guys a TON.
    We missed you, too!

I will try never to disappear like that ever again.
    How do you DO that?

~ Le Messor
    "She said you weren't fit to sleep with pigs. But I defended you; I said you were fit to sleep with pigs!"
    ~ old joke

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Wait... That's exactly what a spy would say! :P
    Yes, you got it. I did not deny being a spy, I am just not one for Marvel. :P

Called it!

That's probably a good thing, though, right?
    It is! But it also burns me out terribly. But I have lots of new music, and new machines for work, and a new assistant (who brings me chocolate and unicorn t-shirts, so, like I have the best assistant in all of EVER).

Last I heard, you were in the #30s - 40s. Have you skipped a bunch, or really got that far in your reading (and not told us?)?
    What do you think of the Inbetweenies?
    No, last I posted here, I believe I was on #77. I have not skipped any. I have been a great little AF fan, and I have read everything in order. I have dragged my ass through some awful issues, and some pretty great ones. I actually LOVED Hudnall's run, and it was entirely too short. I disliked Calimee's art (as I had stated, I think, eaerlier in this thread), but his stories were pretty decent. Or was it that I was just coming off of Mantlo's run? Maybe that's why Hudnall's seemed so amazing to me? I don't know.

I have a theory that Nicieza takes a lot of jobs just for the money. When he's writing for love, he's really good, but when it's just for money, it shows.
    The biggest trouble I had with the artwork in this run is the constipated poses
    I HATE Northstar's long hair. HATE IT. It's so bad. And that scan I posted of Sasquatch? Is that not the worst thing in all of ever? Yyyyyuuuucccckkkkk.

We missed you, too!
    I have missed you guys sosososososososo MUCH. I have barely had time to read, but I cannot believe I still made it over 20 issues since my last post.

How do you DO that?
    Do what? Disappear, or the trying not to disappear part?

I'm good at both.

~ Le Messor
    "She said you weren't fit to sleep with pigs. But I defended you; I said you were fit to sleep with pigs!"
    ~ old joke
    Hahahahaha! I have missed your quotes!

Images

It is! But it also burns me out terribly. But I have lots of new music, and new machines for work, and a new assistant (who brings me chocolate and unicorn t-shirts, so, like I have the best assistant in all of EVER).
    That sounds good. I hope some of that new music is old music, though. Lots o' good old music out there!

No, last I posted here, I believe I was on #77... I actually LOVED Hudnall's run, and it was entirely too short.
    Of course! I remember now, you were just starting Hudnall's run.
    You're right, there have definitely been good and bad issues in that time.

I disliked Calimee's art (as I had stated, I think, eaerlier in this thread), but his stories were pretty decent. Or was it that I was just coming off of Mantlo's run? Maybe that's why Hudnall's seemed so amazing to me? I don't know.
    I feel the same.

And that scan I posted of Sasquatch? Is that not the worst thing in all of ever?
    Wait.

~ Le Messor
    "A hair in the head is worth two in the brush."
    ~ Oliver Herford

That sounds good. I hope some of that new music is old music, though. Lots o' good old music out there!
    It's mostly new. But it's GOOD new. It's not bad new. But I finally got all my Bowie (well, mostly) onto my phone so I can now listen to him while I work!

Of course! I remember now, you were just starting Hudnall's run.
    You're right, there have definitely been good and bad issues in that time.
    Definitely. But Laura and Goblyn are soon to be back (Laura is, but Goblyn has only been mentioned, not seen yet).

I feel the same.
    I don't believe you.

Wait.
    NO.
    Do I have to?
    I feel so doomed now.
    Like, all I have to look forward to is awful 90's art that is so screwy and bulgy that all I'm going to see is a bunch of nonsensical crap that is going to make it difficult for me to be able to tell what is happening from panel to panel.

Images

It's mostly new. But it's GOOD new. It's not bad new. But I finally got all my Bowie (well, mostly) onto my phone so I can now listen to him while I work!
    Awesome! Space Oddity to The Next Day, or selections from his career?
    I don't believe you.
    Um... okay?
    I feel so doomed now. Like, all I have to look forward to is awful 90's art that is so screwy and bulgy that all I'm going to see is a bunch of nonsensical crap that is going to make it difficult for me to be able to tell what is happening from panel to panel.
    It's not... quite that bad. That's just not the worst Sasquatch you're ever gonna see. ~ Le Messor "We all like to think we're unique until someone tells us we're different." ~ P.K. Shaw

Images

Awesome! Space Oddity to The Next Day, or selections from his career?

I don't believe you.
    Um... okay?

I feel so doomed now. Like, all I have to look forward to is awful 90's art that is so screwy and bulgy that all I'm going to see is a bunch of nonsensical crap that is going to make it difficult for me to be able to tell what is happening from panel to panel.
    It's not... quite that bad. That's just not the worst Sasquatch you're ever gonna see.

~ Le Messor
    "We all like to think we're unique until someone tells us we're different."
    ~ P.K. Shaw
    Last edited by Le Messor; 11-06-2014 at 05:09 AM.

So, I put AF on hold long enough to read the Northstar mini from the 90's.

Oh, boy.

He battles Arcade.
    Well! That's something new and never done before.

At least the long hair is gone. But it's white.
    ALLLL white.

It's not the worst thing I have ever read, but I'm finding the more 90's comics I'm getting into, I'm now reaching the era of the downfall of comics.
    Everything is rushed, over-dramatic (but lacking heart), and the art can make me go mad trying to follow it. And panel-jumping-confusion.
    Is it just me?

Images

So, I put AF on hold long enough to read the Northstar mini from the 90's.
    Hmmm... Not that it makes much difference, but you might've been slightly better off reading that after volume 1 ended - that's when it was published / set.

...the more 90's comics I'm getting into, I'm now reaching the era of the downfall of comics.
    Everything is rushed, over-dramatic (but lacking heart), and the art can make me go mad trying to follow it. And panel-jumping-confusion.
    Is it just me?
    ROTFL!
    Just you?
    90s comics are a byword among collectors.
    Oh sure, there are people who got into comics in the 90s, many more than there used to be, considering the time frame - but a lot of collectors (from what I've heard) hate the period.
    Linkara, a comics reviewer I watch, is a good example.

~ Le Messor
    "I've invented the most awesome character! His name is Bloodgun! And he has these guns that shoot other guns!"
    ~ 90s Kid, one of Linkara's characters