Thread: Any Dexter fans? *SLIGHT SPOILERS INSIDE*

Question Any Dexter fans? *SLIGHT SPOILERS INSIDE*

Just curious. Netflix has consumed my soul and I have fallen madly in love with yet another hopelessly tragic character because I'm clearly a masochist or something. MUST. FIND. FELLOW. FANS.
    Last edited by Phil; 01-21-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Nope, never seen. I count myself a Chuck fan, if that is close (although I've only seen the first two seasons of it).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I'd say I'm a Dexter fan.
    Part of me thinks they should have only made the first Season, but the John Lithgow Season is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Nope, never seen. I count myself a Chuck fan, if that is close (although I've only seen the first two seasons of it).
    What's Chuck about? Dexter is about a serial killer who hunts other killers and uses his job in forensics as a blood spatter analyst to cover up his crimes. He's a very lovable killer, but the creators still like to torment him too much sometimes. Seasons can be a bit hit or miss, but when they hit it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, I'd say I'm a Dexter fan.
    Part of me thinks they should have only made the first Season, but the John Lithgow Season is pretty good.
    I thought the first two seasons were really great and very consistent, but should have been stretched out over more time, with the stuff from three as filler sub plots... Three and four were way too domestic, IMO, with some bad writing where the romantic relationships were concerned. The twist at the end of four was both well done and just plain evil, I'm so torn about it! But then it set up the fifth season which I think is my favorite so far! God damn it, Dexter is just such a heartbreakingly beautiful character, it hurts. I haven't gotten any further than that.

I'm spoiled on the series finale which I think is crap and have no intention of watching the final season based on fan posts I've read. Aparently there are novels, so I'll look for those next.

Trinity himself was fantastic, my main issue with season four was the domestic BS for the first half of the season. Rita had been so likable until she got pregnant, then she started to annoy me. But that whole romance was so rushed from the get go. *sigh* Would have rather her not be in the first season at all and then have several seasons for their relationship to develop, but Dexter has really weird pacing, IMO. Each season feels TOO self contained for an ongoing series. Life doesn't really work that way, so it irks me, but I keep watching because Dexter and Deb are awesome characters.

Oh, and the completely random hook ups and office romances that season were rediculous. Deb, you in particular do not need to ether **** or fall in love with every man you exchange words with. I get the daddy issues, but seriously, calm the **** down.

Five is such a breath of fresh air, how it returns to the serial killer cop drama dynamic instead of being some sort of weird Lifetime serial killer soap opera with Dexter spending more time fretting over family life while running around in pastel and khaki yuppy wear than actually doing what he does. I loved Lumine from five as well. Hope she turns up in a novel or something. And Deb only has one romantic drama that season. Miracles do happen. Seriously, though, I can not stress how much I loved Dexter's character development in five, especially Harry making fewer appearances and Dexter having his own pov about who he is at long last, a ray of hope.

(Keeping it vague for anyone who wants to see it but hasn't yet)
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 01-21-2014 at 06:59 AM.

I really liked the final Season... apart from the very last 15 minutes.
    For me the final 15 minutes just negates and ruins the entire series from start to finish, but that's just my opinion.

The initial novel is really good.
    Marvel produce comics written by the original author too which I haven't checked out yet.

As to Chuck, I thought the first series was alright, but fell in love with it later. Such heart. And you can tell the actors loved it too.
    Plus Adam Baldwin is so, so good in it.

I really liked the final Season... apart from the very last 15 minutes.
    For me the final 15 minutes just negates and ruins the entire series from start to finish, but that's just my opinion.

The initial novel is really good.
    Marvel produce comics written by the original author too which I haven't checked out yet.

As to Chuck, I thought the first series was alright, but fell in love with it later. Such heart. And you can tell the actors loved it too.
    Yeah... But what happens to that one character before they even get to that last 15 minutes... I just can't accept it, especially without closure at the end... I'm spoiled on the end and yeah, I agree, it's entirely antithematic to the whole entire series. Now every time Dexter makes progress or feels hopeful I just feel like my heart is being torn out. What is it with writers always tormenting my favorite characters? And why do the writers hate Dexter so much?
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

I don't watch any live tv shows (DISCLAIMER: okay, I DO pvr Arrow and Agents of SHIELDS ever week, but that is IT!). I pick up on tv shows years in, pick them up on dvd and watch them. I hate getting tied down by television shows, where you either worry that your PVR is getting too full, or that you have to hurry home at a certain time to watch a certain show. lol. I'm just not like that! Which is why I've only watched the first two seasons of Chuck; I haven't been able to afford to buy the other five seasons yet.

And yes, Adam Baldwin is SO AWESOME in it. Best role he has had, since the Firefly series; and if you are a fan of sci-fi and don't know what Firefly is...nope, that couldn't happen even. MAN, that was a GREAT-written/acted series!
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 01-21-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Oh yeah, I watch nothing live, I'm a netflix marathoner.

I love Dexter. There was one or two seasons I didn't care for - but the rest was pretty good. Final season was a disappointment with the ending. You will know what I mean when you see it.

My significant other really loved Dexter, but she said the first comic mini series was really slow and lackluster. It takes place years before the tv series.

Myself, I'm currently working my way through Breaking Bad. I'm on the 3rd or 4th episode of Season 3.

The comic technically has nothing to do with the TV series; it's more to do with the book the series was based on so certain things are gonna be off.

And Breaking Bad is one of the best things ever to hit TV screens. Season 4 is just pure perfection. Doesn't hit a wrong beat.