I recently put together quite a few custom action figures of my favourite Alpha characters. I started reading the original series while on my honeymoon last summer (a statement only a true nerd could make) and I've fallen in love with Alpha Flight all over again.
My first real exposure to Alpha was during their late '90s series, so I'm quite fond of Flex, Manbot, Radius and all of those characters (who have sadly disappeared from the comics), so I've included some of them along with some original Alphans.

I plan on making the rest of the main members of the team (Box, Madison Jefferies, Vindicator, etc)

These are all Marvel Legends 6" scale and fit in nicely with Guardian, Puck and Sasquatch. I haven't gotten around to taking a full group-shot though. I'd like to get Heather and Box done before I get everyone put together.

I'll start off with an older custom of mine, even though he is technically wearing his Astonishing X-Men costume: Northstar! I made him to use in my X-Men figure display, which explains the costume. I am thinking of making a figure of his husband Kyle in the future.

Recipe:
Body: Bullseye
Head: Matt Murdoch head cast

The ears and X emblem were all sculpted on. I had to fill in some holes in his leg from the removal of part of Bullseye's costume.

Next up is his twin sister Aurora. I made her in her classic costume, even though it means she doesn't match her "brozair" 100%. I'll need to take some photos of the two of them together.

Body: Ms Marvel
Head: Shanna the She-Devil head cast

I sculpted her ears and did a bit of hair sculpting. I also had to fill in some gaps that were left from removing the belt.

For Marrina I decided to go with her current modern teenage look rather than the old pixie cut and fish-scale bathing suit. I really enjoyed the 8-issue series from a couple years back, but they were inconsistent with her costume, so I combined a few looks.

Head: Power Girl
Body: modern Cheetah
Fins: cartoon Aqualad

I did some sculpting on the fins and wrist wraps and used a glittery paint to try and replicate her scales. I bought some cheap plastic plants at walmart and used the leaves to replicate the "living seaweed" on Marrina's costume. Replicating the sea turtle tattoos on her arm was a pain. It didn't turn out perfectly, but I'm happy with it.

Shaman is next. I was a bit worried about working on Dr. Twoyoungmen but I am quite happy with how it ended up. I saw someone else use a Loki figure as a base and it works very nicely I did a lot of alterations to the base, though, to try and make it match up to Michael's current/classic look.

Head: Conan
Body: Loki
Hair: X-23
Hands: Street Fighter figure
Bag: Longshot

I did some sculpting to the thighs, chest, back, arms and hair. The belt and headband are all cut from pieces of thin styrene plastic.

Snowbird is another figure that made me a little nervous about tackling. I wasn't sure how I'd make her cape work, but I think i found a nice way to do so. The cape is a bit too long so she doesn't stand very nicely (she's kind of tri-podding) so I'm keeping her in a flying pose. I'm really happy with the paint job on her face.

Head: Cheetah
Body: DC Dove
Hands: some DC figure

The headdress and cape are made with pieces of thin styrene. For the cape, I used the original shawl from Dove and glued on the styrene. I then sculpted over everything and smoothed it out.

I have six more customs to show but I will save them for next time.