Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Flight custom figures

Thanks for the feedback! I am really happy you guys like them. I LOVE Alpha Flight and have a ton of fun making these customs. Every few months I get the customizing bug and decide to make a little batch of 6 to 10 figures. I have been trying to include a few Alphans in every batch. I actually have a few more to post. I hope everyone likes them.

Default Madison Jeffries, Box 2 and Kyle Jinadu

I've put together three more Alphans... well technically ONE Alphan, his alter-ego and a supporting cast member.

Madison Jeffries wasn't a favourite of mine from the original Alpha book, but I became a huge fan of his during his stint with the X-Men and the Science Team. I thought that Han Solo would make a good base for Madison. I did some sculpting on the hair and collar, but mostly this is a part swap and repaint. I'm really happy with how he turned out.

Head: 2-Pack Mr. Fantastic
    Body: Han Solo
    Lower legs: Winter Soldier
    Leg pouch: random McFarlane figure

You can't have Madison without his alter-ego Box. He was both fun and a pain to make. I re-sculpted the head, hand and chest and gave the whole thing a silver paint job, and added some translucent red paint for the metallic red sections.

Body: CnC Stel
    Head: BAF Iron Monger

Final member isn't actually a member, but the husband of one of the original Alphans; Kyle Jinadu. I enjoyed his character in Astonishing X-Men and the last Alpha Flight mini-series and figured Northstar could use his significant other.

He was easy to make, as he is mainly a repaint. I re-sculpted the bottom of the pants and in a few other places.

Head: DCD Aqualad
    Body: Han Solo
    Scarf: random Hobbit

I hope you guys like them. My next few Alphans will most likely be Box (the original version), Vindicator and Talisman.

Here is a group shot of my team so far. It's not the best shot... Flex and Radius are pretty much covered by Box, so you can't even see the poor guys! I will take some better pics if you guys want. Let me know.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Calbretto View Post
    Leg pouch: random McFarlane figure
    I Lol'd at that!
    I'm impressed by the sheer number of characters you have in there. Did you do any customising on the Sasquatches? Is that a Wizard Guardian? And the Snowbird and Puck - are they customs? I see her cape is different to my figure of her, so I guess she is. (The Snowbird as owl is not, unless you've done something with it that I can't tell from here.)

~ Le Messor
    "A small measure of craziness mixed with a reasonable amount of eccentricity is an attractive alternative to conformity."
    ~ J. D. Boatwood

Thanks man! I'm glad you like my custom figures.

The Guardian is actually a Marvel Legends figure. All my customs are six inch scale. The only ones that I didn't make are Sasquatch, white Sasquatch, Guardian and Puck. Snowbird doesn't share any parts with the 5" figure either. The white bird that Puck is holding is actually the bird that came with the Marvel Universe Puck figure.

I actually did make a custom Puck a while ago but I put him away when they made an official Puck.

I haven't posted anything in a while, but I've made a few figures since my last post.

After making the Madison Jeffries version of Box, I knew I had to go back and make the original version. He is made from an Iron Monger BAF, with the a Terrax head. I re-sculpted the head and parts of the arms. I settled on the blue version of Box, rather than red or grey, as it makes him stand out on an Alpha Flight shelf that has a lot of red as it is. I'm really happy with how he turned out. I'm contemplating making a Roger Bochs figure to go along with him.

I want to make every member of Alpha Flight, so that includes the "boring" ones like Rutherford Princeton III. Don't get me wrong, I do like the character, but visually he's more than a bit bland.

I made Centennial out of a DC Direct Kingdom Come Norman McCay figure, with the head from a Plan B soldier. I cut off the beret and sculpted hair, then painted the skin. I'm pretty happy with how he turns out. Now I'm one figure away from completing my Lobdell Alpha Flight team line up.

I have a couple more characters that I just finished off: Vindicator (finally!) and my favourite villain, Ranark the Ravager. I should have photos soon.

Images

Those look cool. Thanks for sharing!

I can see the Terrax in your Box. Though... you used a BAF? That must've cost a fortune!

Also, why was Norman McCay wearing a beret?

~ Le Messor
    "If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this."
    ~ Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique adhesives for 3-M "Post-It" Notepads.

As usual your work is exquisite! I love it. Nice job on Box, nice job on Centennial. I especially love the helmet on Box, came out great!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Both Box robots are very well done, good job!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Wait... so you used your BAF Iron Monger's head for one Box, and the rest of him for another?
    How fitting.

~ Le Messor
    "If I could not earn a penny from my writing, I would earn my livelihood at something else and continue to write at night."
    ~ Irving Wallace

Great Job!!!
    You are witnessing the death of a dream...