Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Two longtime female Marvel characters coming to this tv show...

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/01/23...f-s-h-i-e-l-d/
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That could be cool. Can't wait.

(I haven't even seen episode 10 yet. )

~ Le Messor
    "I have noticed that the people who are late are so often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
    ~ E.V. Lucas

Images

... but something kept nagging at me.
    (I'll add spoiler space now because I'm about to talk names, and I got into trouble recently.)

The only Lorelei in Marvel that I knew of was the Savage Land mutate. I just looked her up in my Marvel Encyclopedia (thanks, James, who gave it to me!). She was the only one listed, without even roman numerals. Or Teutonic numerals, as the case may be.
    The power set was described similarly for both of them (having power of alluringness, but then, she's named after a siren), but this one had no mention of Asgard or the Enchantress or any such thing.

The artwork in the article looks very old, from Walt Simonson's run on Thor (mid to late 80s?), so I don't know where the information is missing. I don't know Thor very well, so I'm not casting doubts or nasturtiums here, just wondering.

~ Le Messor
    "Boy, if they kiss as good as they lure, wow!"
    ~ Homer, about sirens. Who turn out to look like Patty and Selma.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 01-24-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Spoiler space
    .Yeah, Lorelei is initially from Simonson's magnificent (if you've never read it, I highly recommend getting it) Thor run from the mid 80's. She showed up a bit afterwards during Tom Defalco's run, and supposedly died around #400. I think she somehow came back to life later in that run, and has only popped up very rarely since then. Last time I can remember seeing her was in the short-lived Kurt Busiek/Erik Larsen Defenders series from around 2001 (of course, hasn't every Defenders series after the first one been short-lived?)
    Last edited by Jason Eberly; 01-25-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Had to add spoiler space

Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I've just realised spoiler space doesn't show up in the emails that let me know a comment has been posted. D'oh!

I've heard great things about Simonson's run, but I have reasons for not collecting Thor that I won't discuss here. I will say, they have nothing to do with whether I think I'd enjoy it - I suspect I would.

I think her obscurity, like Graviton, is what's made it possible for her to appear in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    It's cool they're branching out a little, and showing real characters, though.

(Real characters? Did I just say that? ... Anyway, you know what I mean. At least, I hope you do, because I don't.)

~ Le Messor
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."
    ~ Ghandi
    Last edited by Le Messor; 01-25-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Watched the latest episode last night, entitled T.R.A.C.K.S.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

By far, my favourite episode... and I have really enjoyed this series. Introduced an actual Marvel Universe character for the second episode in a row. Another well-known character from the 70's. And now with Lorelei, Lady Sif, and Agent John Garrett already listed to appear over the next few episodes, I think they are really listening to the fans who were clamoring for more Marvel characters. Hoping they can find a way to bring Graviton back as well.
    The Flight Forever !

Images

AE: I didn't read your post; I haven't seen the ep yet. Just wanted to say, YAY! After waiting for aaaaages, they've just announced when episode 10 (Bridge) will play (tomorrow night)!
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-08-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    FP: I didn't read your post; I haven't seen the ep yet. Just wanted to say, YAY! After waiting for aaaaages, they've just announced when episode 10 (Bridge) will play (tomorrow night)!
    If you are speaking of the link I included, it seems to be speaking more about what will happen in the future. Meaning, they don't specify what episode.

For myself, I've found this series to have picked up in intensity/characterization since its humble (hated) beginnings...but now i am beginning to feel that the characters are TOO touchy-feely with each other, imho. Is it just me, or now is every episode about how much the characters care about each other? It is starting to feel like a soap-opera or something.

Arrow, meanwhile; THAT is a series that is ramping up its quality lately! Season 2 was a very slow start, after a first season that kicked butt, but now is catching up and firing on all cylinders. It also has no problem inviting major DC characters into the fold.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    If you are speaking of the link I included, it seems to be speaking more about what will happen in the future. Meaning, they don't specify what episode.
    Sorry, I meant Alphan East's post. I was refusing to look at it when I posted. (My post now edited for accuracy)

I won't be reading again this thread until I see T.R.A.C.K.S.; to give you an idea, Bridge will be played this Wednesday here (I'd thought yesterday, but either I read wrong, or they changed the time. Either one is equally likely.)

~ Le Messor
    "Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film."

Images

Finally got to see this one. (ep 13: T.R.A.C.K.S.)

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    By far, my favourite episode... and I have really enjoyed this series. Introduced an actual Marvel Universe character for the second episode in a row. Another well-known character from the 70's. And now with Lorelei, Lady Sif, and Agent John Garrett already listed to appear over the next few episodes, I think they are really listening to the fans who were clamoring for more Marvel characters. Hoping they can find a way to bring Graviton back as well.
    Yes, that was cool!
    I'd actually heard about his appearance, though (and therefore didn't need to keep not reading this for so long!), and had expected him to be more... him.
    But let's consider it a work in progress.

~ Le Messor

After missing quite a few episodes (it's on Tuesday's, the same day as one of my dialysis treatments and I tend to sleep from when I get home around 4 pm until about midnight), I decided a while back to just wait for the season to end and then binge watch the whole thing.

Images

Yeah... They're only going to play episode 12 tomorrow here (never mind how I got up to fifteen on the Sunday!). I don't blame you.

I'll probably end up getting them on BluRay before I see them on TV. (Unfortunately, they won't be released while I'm in America. It would've been great to come back with a set.)

~ Le Messor
    "Misery no longer loves company; nowadays it insists on it."

Images

2 things just came up that are more appropriate to this thread than the more recent SHIELD thread:

Same minor spoilers, but not as spoilery now
    A
    S

B
    E
    F
    O
    R
    E

I've just seen a picture Deathlok in an ad for the show in one of my comics. It doesn't look that great there - he needs the headpiece, I think - but he does look like Deathlok. Apart from not having the headpiece.

B
    I
    G
    G
    E
    R

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Fan theory, based on seeing ep 12 just now:
    I think Skye's an alien. (Note how her name refers to her falling from the sky, maybe?)
    This is based on her being treated like a power artefact as a baby. Perhaps a pink Kree?
    (Especially if the zombie-looking thing in T.A.H.I.T.I. is a blue kree; though I've never known them to have regenerative powers.)

~ Le Messor
    Calvin: I was wondering if we could stop the lesson here and adjourn to the playground for the rest of the day.
    Miss Wormwood: Of course not. Now then, let's all turn to page 24 and...
    Calvin: Miss Wormwood?
    Miss Wormwood: Yes?
    Calvin: How about just me then?

I would agree with you, on the second (BIGGER) thing. Maybe not about the blue and pink part, as far as where the origin is, but the larger origin theory in general.
    I actually poked around the Marvel database as a whole, trying to find out if "the person we are talking about" (don't wanna be spoilery, now do I?) could possibly be a hero/villain from the Marvel U...but couldn't find anything I could make stick.

Images

I wouldn't expect Pwata to be an established character, necessarily. There haven't been many of those. OTOH, The first one I mentioned had a different last name than in the comics. ~ Le Messor "Mixing bowl set designed to please a cook with round bottom for sufficient beating."