The panel ended on a high note with a fan asking if the panelists disliked Canadian superhero teams. The room rolled with hearty laughter, and Brevoort said, "I guess it's no surprise that this is the show in which we get more Alpha Flight questions than any other."

"No there's no dislike for Canadian super teams or for Alpha Flight in particular," Brevoort explained. "What there is unfortunately though is a difficulty that we've had in keeping Alpha Flight viable as a series for the long term. We've tried a bunch of times now, and every time it could just be that we didn't hit it right. We didn't have the right creators. We didn't have the right idea. We didn't market it effectively. For one reason or another we've just not had any success at making a long term go function with Alpha Flight, but we love the characters."

"It's not impossible that we would do another Alpha Flight series," he added. "I tend to think myself that I would be more likely to try and do something else. I'd be more likely to try some other character in Canada or another character that comes out of Canada rather than trying to do the same thing again that I haven't been able to make work three or four times already. I don't think the reason Alpha Flight didn't work is because it was a Canadian team. I just think there has been something about it that hasn't caught, and it's not the only Marvel thing that hasn't caught. We just have to hit on the right kind of thing."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=47543