Thread: A nice column on Byrne's AF

Great read thanks for posting.

Yeah I liked it, great read.

Rubberband mouth?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Byrne's mouths are definitely distinctive.

That was a great way to celebrate Byrne's Alpha Flight! I'm glad we're seeing some respect for it.

~ Le Messor
    "Life is complex - it has both real and imaginary parts."

One of the current trends of comics (especially Marvel) is reveling in their past by having current series taking place during a particular series "heyday". X-Men: First Class was one example. They've also had a few series written by a series "seminal" writer that takes place in an alternate universe right after they left the series. Claremont wrote X-Men Forever which took place after Uncanny #280 and New Mutants Forever after he initially left after #54. Iron Man just had a 4-issue mini written by David Michelinie which takes place after the end of his run (#257).

I know Byrne has refused to work for Marvel ever again (and DC, if I remember correctly), but wouldn't it be nice if he were to do the "Forever" treatment on Alpha Flight, and write (and draw) Alpha Flight starting just after #28?

Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I would love that! Though what we really need is Byrne '84 to do it...

~ Le Messor
    "All right... yes, date, and hang out and go to school and save the world from unspeakable demons. You know, I wanna do girlie stuff."
    ~ Buffy

100% agree with that article. Every one of the points talked about were reasons why I first fell in love with the title. It was groundbreaking for me then, and sadly absent now. When someone says wanting comics to be like they use to be is nothing more than nostalgia, I want to give them this link.