Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Review - Wolverine: Season One

Whoa I dig the Guardian armor there. I like it. Also great review. Good job
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Great review! I am pretty sure i will be trying to pick this one up, sounds good.

I always didn't like all the white on Guardian's suit, deep red or more red was always good, like this image and the character in v2.

Great review... I will definitely be picking this one up.

Great review! I'd love to read this. Is this book new ? When did this come out?

June 5th to Direct Market, a few weeks later to amazon etc.

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Hmm.. this review sold me on it. I'd like to check it out. I'm not a fan of the Guardian suit, but I do like that it's mechanical and bulky looking like the Iron Man suits. It's hard to change something as timeless as the Canadian flag though so I don't blame them for the bad design in comparison.

Yeah, the suit in this continuity/universe/whatever is very much a specific military defense application hence the armor-ness.

I really do recommend this book, to fans of either Alpha Flight or Wolverine. It is pricey but it's a very nice finished product. And you get a free digital copy too if you're into that kind of thing.

It's very much what the X-Men Origins:Wolverine film could have been, although this isn't quite as Hollywood-y. Which is probably why it works more.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I actually saw it for sale last night. Was tempted, but this isn't a great time for me to spend that money.

Your review makes me want to buy it even more, though. Sounds really good.

~ Le Messor
    F. Scott Fitzgerald: "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me."
    Hemingway: "Yes, they have more money."

$17.55 Canadian, from Amazon.ca

I just ordered mine.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

It was about $27 here, iirc... I could've bought it, but I'm driving to Sydney in a couple of days, and so being pretty precious about my money.

~ LM

Got it, read it, LOVED IT! A very well-handled, respectful appearance by Jamie and Heather Hudson. And did anybody else noticed the Deadpool duds in one of the display cases when Wolvie is picking out his costume?

Wow what a great review. Bumped because I saw a panel from this GN reprinted in Marvel Fact Files. Is this considered to be in continuity? I believe it ought to be considered as such.

No, it's definitely non-continuity.