Do You Think This Would Sell?

My idea for an Alpha Flight Volume 5…

This will be an Alpha Flight from an alternate universe (well, I guess “in” or “of” an alternate universe would be the correct way to say it).

What is the catch? What would make it sell?

Peter Parker.

Bear with me.

As most of us know, currently Mr. Parker only exists as a lonely voice in the head of Dr. Octopus, who has taken control of Spiderman’s body and is masquerading as a much more brutal incarnation of Spiderman at this time.

So, what if Marvel incorporated this idea into their bringing back of Peter Parker (as we all know that this will happen at some point)…

…When Peter comes back, he “wakes up” in control of his own body again, or so it seems. Only, as he comes to discover, he is actually in the body of a Peter Parker from/in an alternate universe!

He stays mum about it, as he tries to figure out what happened. He is wary of saying too much, as so many things in “his life” are new to him. For instance, the Peter Parker of the universe he now finds himself in, is a Canadian, and a member of Alpha Flight! Maybe his Uncle Ben is still alive (living happily in Toronto with Aunt May), even.

This would be the new series; “Alt. Alpha Flight”.

In the meantime, the regular spider-titles would continue, with the Parker from the alternate universe now in the body of OUR Peter Parker!

“Alt. Alpha Flight” would feature Jamie and Heather Hudson running the show from behind their desks, with Walter Langkowski as their chief scientist (Walter is not Sasquatch here). The “Alt. Alpha Flight” members would be Groundhog, Saint Elmo, Box (Roger Bochs), Flashback, Northstar, Aurora, Spiderman, Snowbird, Wendigo, and their field leader, Wolverine. Shaman is retired but is an advisor when needed. And, to Peter’s surprise, he is happily married to Snowbird and they have twin demi-god (?) children named Gwen and Jonah, and Peter Parker works as a contracted-scientist for Department H when he isn’t super-heroing.

I’m envisioning a Spiderman costume that is basically white, with the front logos all in eye-catching (and clearly Canadian) red.

Yes, I know I didn’t include Puck, but I thought perhaps in this universe he could have become a villain after being possessed by Raazor? Maybe the same could be true of Purple Girl, Smart Alec, Madison and Lionel Jeffries, etcetera, or they could just be heroes who are not part of this Alpha Flight team at this time (sorry, it is impossible to fit everybody’s favourite Alphan onto this team; shucks!)?

What do you all think? Would it sell? Would you buy it?

I am talking (hypothetically) of a monthly series here, although eventually Peter would have to find his way home, but that storyline could play out for years in the meantime!