Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northstar cameo in Marvel Heroes!

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Default Northstar cameo in Marvel Heroes!

I'm more than excited to see Northstar appear in Marvel Heroes, the new action RPG that comes out in June. I don't like his voice OR his attitude, but at least he gets the 3D and mainstream treatment that Alpha Flight members deserve. Here's hoping that they add Guardian as a playable character. Maybe that's asking a bit too much though :/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northstar.png 
Views:	470 
Size:	693.1 KB 
ID:	3031

Hey Gingr! Welcome to the board.

That's great news!

Does that Screenshot come from anywhere or are you Beta-ing?

Nice! Welcome Gingr! I'm glad they got his costume right. Classic image there!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hey Gingr! Welcome to the board.

That's great news!

Does that Screenshot come from anywhere or are you Beta-ing?
    I'm in the closed beta for Marvel Heroes and have been on the lookout for Alpha Flight members since. This image is NOT speculation or photoshopped, it is taken straight from the game last night. You can find a very snarky, very french Northstar hanging out next to the Danger Room in Professors X's school for gifted youngsters. Actually, the only part of this picture that I am not sure of is the school. In the game, there are two main bases that I have encountered so far and they are Avengers Tower (or Stark Complex) and a school for mutants which has a Danger Room, Cerebro and Professor X.

Jean Grey school for higher learning
    The Xavier Institute for gifted youngsters
    and now the New Xavier school.

TOO MANY SCHOOLS. If any of you know, I haven't looked it up or apparently paid any attention in the game to find out which location it is. Either way, it is mandatory that you end up at the school, so there's no chance of missing Northstar.

Also, I am allowed to post this as the non-disclosure agreement has been lifted by Gazillion staff. We are free to post any visual media from the game now.
    Last edited by GingrBeard; 05-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hey Gingr,

Welcome, and thank you for posting this. I'm glad your NDA is lifted - I was worried.

That's awesome that they've added Northstar, especially in the classic costume. Having a snarky attitude sounds like him.
    Is he too French, though, as opposed to French Canadian?

~ Le Messor
    "Journalism largely consists in saying "Lord Jones Dead" to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive."
    ~ G. K. Chesterson

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Hey Gingr,

Welcome, and thank you for posting this. I'm glad your NDA is lifted - I was worried.

That's awesome that they've added Northstar, especially in the classic costume. Having a snarky attitude sounds like him.
    Is he too French, though, as opposed to French Canadian?

~ Le Messor
    "Journalism largely consists in saying "Lord Jones Dead" to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive."
    ~ G. K. Chesterson
    He's a pretty boy, right? Good looking, cheek bones, softer features in all of the right places and yet his voice doesn't match up with that. It's.. coarse? The accent is too forced. At least it's not the one from the X-Men animated series haha. I think I actually recorded it at one point.

CONFIRMED! Yes, I did record it. Lucky you guys, eh?

http://www.twitch.tv/gingrbeard/c/2258418

Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
    He's a pretty boy, right? Good looking, cheek bones, softer features in all of the right places and yet his voice doesn't match up with that. It's.. coarse? The accent is too forced. At least it's not the one from the X-Men animated series haha. I think I actually recorded it at one point.

CONFIRMED! Yes, I did record it. Lucky you guys, eh?

http://www.twitch.tv/gingrbeard/c/2258418
    Oh.

He sounds more like an old salty sea dog, captain of some ancient ship. Very...odd.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I would like to buy a hamburger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8IqZXy1s8

Last edited by rplass; 05-09-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I would like to buy a hamburger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8IqZXy1s8

Even that one is better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
    I'm in the closed beta for Marvel Heroes and have been on the lookout for Alpha Flight members since. This image is NOT speculation or photoshopped, it is taken straight from the game last night.
    Oh, I wasn't inferring it was photoshopped, I just wondered if it was an exclusive to us or if we needed to credit the image elsewhere, but if it's one you've taken yourself that's cool.
    I applied for the beta, but was too late.
    Glad you got it!

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Oh, I wasn't inferring it was photoshopped, I just wondered if it was an exclusive to us or if we needed to credit the image elsewhere, but if it's one you've taken yourself that's cool.
    I applied for the beta, but was too late.
    Glad you got it!
    They've had a few give away beta's where you just make an account with a partner website and get in for a weekend, they had the Iron Man 3 open beta for another weekend and you can get in at any beta test hours by purchasing a founders pack. I bought the X-Force pack long ago so I've been in the beta for a bit.

That's good to know. I'm an artist, I don't like stealing images. If I have the resources to get it myself, I will. That being said though, I don't think I would have any choice in this situation. Who else would post a picture of Northstar from the game? Haha. To be honest, I felt like I was the only one who even liked Alpha Flight until I randomly found this website one day.

Yeah, I've never been a massive MMO player and only really wanted to get in and see what it was like/try to find Alphans, so didn't want to purchase a pack straight away.

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Fair enough. I believe they'll add one or two. It seems to be quite the success so far and they seem intent on adding as many heroes as possible. I've been getting a decent amount of positive feedback from other forum goers at Marvel Heroes whenever I post about Alpha Flight related heroes.

Well we're very glad you let us know!

Feel free to visit and contribute to the site as much as you want!

With no series on the horizon any news is good news!

Guardian First Flight
    Images

The Alpha Flight Fear Itself series proudly lines the wall of my living room along with all of AVX and my roommates Batman comics. I was excited when Avengers #10 had Omega Flight in it. I'm always looking out for Alpha Flight members.