S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I quite liked the issue, but then again I've really been enjoying Hickman's run.
    It definitely fits in with the Volume 2-era Department H and it's covert/shady operations.

I liked Kingdom's powerset; a cross between Flashback and Manikin, from what I could tell.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of Validator, like you say.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Im sure we will, Id be surprised if we didnt. That's funny you mentioned Flashback and Manikin as thats what I thought as well. Be curious to learn more about Kingdom but his design is so terrible

So Validator is another Guardian-type.

I quite enjoyed the issue ! I loved Validator and Agent Michaud. I hope we can see more of them, and get any more insight into this new Omega Flight, in the future!

Yeah seemed Validator was shooting E-M blasts, thats why I felt this Omega Flight team was kind of bland. Nothing too new.

Kingdom started to show some uniqueness, but I dont know if we will learn more about him.

Um...didn't Kingdom Prime shoot eye blasts as well? That's a far stretch from Manikin/Flashback (not even sure where Manikin comes into it).

For a short appearance, it was quite interesting. Marvel is forcing me to keep a closer eye on Avengers titles to see if/when some news of them pops up again.

So, a few months back (?) we learned there was a much older team of Department H heroes which Logan knew about. Now, there is an Agent who goes far back as well, and has access to nuclear weapons, and Logan knew about him as well. Interesting.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    That's a far stretch from Manikin/Flashback (not even sure where Manikin comes into it).
    Kingdom appeared to pull future versions of himself, in a Flashback/Manikin way, and the power-set could have been something resembling Highbrow's powers.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Yeah the scene where Kingdom was shooting eye blasts there was several dead versions of him on the ground. Similar to how Flashback's copies change their outfits to black to white, but Kingdom's copies changed from white to black. The white suit Kingdom was called Kingdom Prime like how Mankin was called as well.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Cool.

I wonder how accurate the images of the city are? (Besides the effects of the Garden.)
    The article mentions the skyline is barely recognisable, but that could be the effects of the Garden - but how well did the artist research it first?

~ Le Messor
    "Jack the Ripper excused himself on the grounds that it was human nature."

My impression before reading this issue was that the avengers would locate omega flight and team up to assist them. I was hoping that this was like an intro to a new omega team that would eventually lead up to a new series.... So I was extremely disappointed and insulted that this team was created just to kill off... Seems no team from any other country will ever get a chance to have a series... Guess marvel does not think highly of other countries... Canada... Middle East... China... Russia all have teams but they are always push overs or antagonist and never seem to have value... And that's that I'm American... But I would enjoy a team series from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc-Raver View Post
    My impression before reading this issue was that the avengers would locate omega flight and team up to assist them. I was hoping that this was like an intro to a new omega team that would eventually lead up to a new series.... So I was extremely disappointed and insulted that this team was created just to kill off... Seems no team from any other country will ever get a chance to have a series... Guess marvel does not think highly of other countries... Canada... Middle East... China... Russia all have teams but they are always push overs or antagonist and never seem to have value... And that's that I'm American... But I would enjoy a team series from other countries.
    I tend to agree with you, Arc-Raver.

However, on the off-chance that this new Omega Flight team is "perhaps not quite as dead" as we believe, I am willing to take a wait-n-see approach for a bit.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Welcome to AF.net, Arc-Raver!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I suspect we should be relieved. There's a team that's exactly like Alpha Flight, only not Alpha Flight, that gets killed off.

Does anybody else suspect that they wanted to kill off Alpha Flight themselves in this issue, but somebody decided that was a bad idea after last time?

Also, as a foreigner, I'd like to get insulted at Marvel's 'USA-only' policy, but I think it's more of a policy of: 'we have Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, and pushovers' policy.

I'd love to see the front cover of Alpha Flight #1 come true: "One side, heroes, this is a job only we can handle"; and have a team that's not one of the above (preferably Alpha) who can handle a threat none of the others can.

~ Le Messor
    Josh: I know the exits of this building better than you.
    Me: No, you don't.
    Josh: That one's George, and that one's Edna.
    Me: Okay, maybe you do.