Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puck in Uncanny X-Force (Marvel Now)

Default Puck in Uncanny X-Force (Marvel Now)

I looked for a discussion of the Puckster's inclusion in the Marvel Now UXF... but there was none, so I thought I'd start one.

What do folk think of the way Puck is written in UXF? I must say that I like it... a lot. It reminds me of the Larry Hama version way back when in the pages of Wolverine (in the storyline where Wolvie and Puck travel back in time to the era of Ernest Hemingway). He's a rough talking, wise-cracking brawler. Unfortunately, the storyline thus far in UXF is coming across as lack-lustre, confusing and the pacing is so slow. But I'm sticking around because it has Puck in it!

I haven't had a chance to read any UXF yet but I do like what I read here about how they use Puck.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

He's holding his own so far, but he's more womanising and less jokey than I like.
    The writer respects the concept, and hasn't been dissing Alpha through him.

Interesting note, neither positive nor negative: there isn't an actual team yet (I've read the first two).

~ Le Messor
    "For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like."
    ~ The Prime of Miss Jean Brody

Some posts from Sam Humphries tumblr:

http://samhumphries.tumblr.com/post/...alpha-or-omega
    arcforce asked: Since puck is on team, any Chance more alpha or omega flight members join x force... Suggestions are Sasquatch ... Aurora... Persusaion.... Maddison JeffriesNo plans right now for any of his old Alpha/Omega homies to show up, sorry.
    http://samhumphries.tumblr.com/post/...ck-in-your-uxf
    ihavetojumpthatcrevice asked: I'd just like to thank you for using Puck in your UXF series. I might have woken up the roommates with my maniacal laughter at his declaration of whiskey for blood in issue four. Being from Saskatoon myself, I love that a fellow Saskatoonian(?) is getting the most amazing lines (almost Nextwave caliber, I'd say). Hope to see more of his fabulousness in further issues (and, yea, I guess the rest of the team). Keep up the good work!HA! You are most welcome. Puck is a blast to write. Having grown up in Minnesota aka Lower Canada I have great affection for our northern neighbors, so to hear that a Saskatoonian (Saskatoonie?) has been enjoying it is very gratifying. Thank you.

Images

This is a bit OT, but I love the screen alias 'I have to jump that crevice'!!!

Uncanny X-Force #5

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Ok issue, some of the dialogue is pretty corny. Nice reference to Puck being 100 years old. Really dig the art (though a few pages the art went wonky, and not in a good way), and I like the simple design of the Great White Owl. I also feel like they’re going to make Bishop a good guy again, which I’m ok with.

Also Puck and Spiral fight briefly again, and he gets the better of the exchange but it was far from over.

S

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

space!!!!

Yeah, that fight scene was what, a slap? a punch? weird that the artist refused to show the actual fight, just Puck waving his hand or something. Also what's with the cursing? Clean it up! Did love the art of the mind-scenes, though, very original. Spent lots of time staring, appreciating, very nice!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Puck's backstory with Razar was shown in the latest X-Force and apparently Puck proposed to Heather once

I didn't take that as literal, more that he wanted to but was too scared of rejection.

I just jumped on at #10 and I was relieved. They seem to be treating him with respect I'm looking forward to more.

Guardian First Flight
    Images

I'm greatly enjoying it. The one issue I have is that they just spent the last 4 issues going over Psylocke and her crazy fantomex four way. Did NOT enjoy that. I hope they balance it out by giving each member a comic or two of back story like they did for Psylocke. I imagine Pucks would be pretty amazing. Loving the new design and not really sure where Psylockes hate-on for him is coming from.

Was there ever a time where Puck and Bishop meet up? Puck seems to know him.

Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
    Was there ever a time where Puck and Bishop meet up? Puck seems to know him.
    Only meeting I know of is with Puck and the Brass Bishop. Pretty sure that is a different dude, tho.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I don't think Marvel ever had Puck meeting Bishop. And no, the Brass Bishop is an entirely different person.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

I don't remember them ever meeting, either.