Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncanny X-Force #1 SPOILER-FUL THREAD

Default Uncanny X-Force #1 SPOILER-FUL THREAD

Usual spoiler rules apply, remember the preview panel on the home page.

I'm too ill to do a full review at this second, but IMO pg's 9-10 feature the best written Puck since Byrne.

Although....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

apparently Puck's been married 4 times...

Well, as long as the character is well written, nothing wrong with expanding on a character's history... Though I'm not sure when in his long history he had time for all that. LMAO. Looking forward to checking this one out.

Also, get well soon! Do you have that flu that's been going around? Normally I recommend certain herbal remedies, but this year's strain kicked my ass, raw garlic and cayenne be damned.
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 01-23-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

After reading a lot of Rick Remender's X-Force stuff, I was worried Sam Humphries wouldn't be as good, but this issue exceeded my expectations. And Ron Garney did an excellent job drawing Storm, Psylocke, Puck, etc.

Not sure why Puck had to be introduced to Psylocke. I could have sworn Puck and Psylocke fought together during the Infinity War and also the Infinity Crusade mini series.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Not sure why Puck had to be introduced to Psylocke. I could have sworn Puck and Psylocke fought together during the Infinity War and also the Infinity Crusade mini series.
    They were both in Crusade (though I think all of Alpha Flight died for the duration of the War... I mentioned the War... I think I covered it)... but it was a pretty big crowd, and I'm not sure if they'd've fought together... unless your memory is more specific?

~ Le Messor
    "It was a book to kill time for those who liked it better dead."

When I said fought together, I meant that Alpha Flight, and the X-Men, and just about every Marvel super hero from 1992/1993 were gathered together. I'd have to go back to my old issues to see if they were shown together in a same panel.

Images

Yeah, that's what I got... but I also thought the place was so crowded, I could understand him still needing an introduction to somebody who'd been there.

Also, I haven't read it yet, I gather from this he was given an introduction - but did he need one? Did he ask, or did somebody just come up and introduce them?

I thought about checking if they were ever in the same panel together (I seem to be remembering that they were, or maybe a cover - I'm rembering an image of her doing a flying image above his head, but it might be duplicates), but I've got a lot of issues to go through.

~ Le Messor
    "It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."~ Yogi Berra (attrib)

Yeah, my intital read through was that they've been in the same battle but never spoken.

In this issue he clearly knows who she is - he doesn't need to ask her name, he's just never spoken to her...

Sam actually briefly touches on this on Kieron Gillen's Decompressed Podcast: http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_ht...d-sacrifice-4/ around the 1hr 5 mins mark

I reread the scene and you're right. Puck knows Psylocke but Psylocke doesn't know Puck. Puck would definitely have noticed an upper class, British, ex supermodel ninja. Thanks for the interview link Phil.

Anyone apart from Chris pick the issue up?

Images

I've got it now.

It was better than I expected, but that's not saying much.

~ Le Messor
    "It's better to be quotable than to be honest."
    ~ Tom Stoppard

I'm pretty sure one of the moderators besides Phil picked up this issue along with the Ron Garney variant, Skottie Young variant, the Kris Anka design variant, and the blank cover variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm pretty sure one of the moderators besides Phil picked up this issue along with the Ron Garney variant, Skottie Young variant, the Kris Anka design variant, and the blank cover variant.
    Actually I've been having trouble with this one... someone in the NY area boofed on the shipment and none of the shops have had the baby nor blank in stock.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I'll have a look for you Rob, I should be able to get you one of each.