Thread: John Byrne's The High Ways

Default John Byrne's The High Ways

Anyone else pick this up?

I wasn't expecting much after Trio let me down, but I really enjoyed #1 of this.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm not familiar with it, but I'm putting it on my list... if I can find that pencil...

Trio let you down? I can understand that; a rushed-feeling rip on Fantastic Four. Mostly battle, little characterisation.

~ Le Messor
    "It only hurts when I don't laugh."
    ~ Mark T. Shirey

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I'm not familiar with it, but I'm putting it on my list... if I can find that pencil...

Trio let you down? I can understand that; a rushed-feeling rip on Fantastic Four. Mostly battle, little characterisation.

~ Le Messor
    "It only hurts when I don't laugh."
    ~ Mark T. Shirey
    I thought Trio was 'okay'.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I thought Trio was 'okay'.
    Yeah, 'zackly!

... but I expect better than 'okay' from Byrne.

~ Le Messor
    "It seems safe to say that significant discovery, really creative thinking, does not occur with regard to problems about which the thinker is lukewarm."
    ~ Mary Henle

Anyone read Labrats back when that came out? Has he gotten better again since? I always loved his art style, but his writing can be so hit or miss sometimes.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Images

I missed that one, too.

~ Le Messor
    "It takes about ten years to get used to how old you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I missed that one, too.

~ Le Messor
    "It takes about ten years to get used to how old you are."
    Don't worry, if you're referring to Labrats, you didn't miss much. No characterization. Just cynical shock value concept mixed with wacky visual settings. I hadn't really been seeking out Byrne's work since, personally, but if his new stuff is any good, I might check it out.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    Don't worry, if you're referring to Labrats, you didn't miss much. No characterization. Just cynical shock value concept mixed with wacky visual settings. I hadn't really been seeking out Byrne's work since, personally, but if his new stuff is any good, I might check it out.
    Wow, that sounds bad! I'm glad I missed it.
    Thanks.

~ Le Messor
    "It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous."