Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New Alpha Flight ongoing - "We'll do it again"

I thought I had read that in the Marvel Universe, demons/demonic beings like Mephisto could grab/ensnare your soul after your death and keep it in "hell" if you've only forgotten to return a library book? Marvel's hell dimensions are different than any Biblical hell too, since there are many of them and each is ruled by various devils and demons...i.e. Mephisto rules a hell dimension, Satannish rules another, Hela and Pluto (Hades) rule yet other hell-like dimensions, etc, etc...

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Marvel's hell dimensions are different than any Biblical hell too, since there are many of them and each is ruled by various devils and demons...i.e. Mephisto rules a hell dimension...
    Yes, it's basically based on what the writers think will make a good story rather than anything theological.

Also,

after the Wolverine issues in question, this one is ruled by Puck, at least until he gets out.

~ Le Messor
    "Intellectuals deal in abstractions. It's much safer that way. Writers take risks. They deal in anecdotes and parables."
    ~ Kay Boyle