Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default The Dark Knight Rises

The movie was good.
    If you liked the first two, you'll like this one, I think.
    It rounded off the trilogy well, gave it an air of completeness.

They made a few weird choices with Bane, but none of them are bad for me - but I don't care much about the original.
    Like Heath Ledger as 'The Joker' in The Dark Knight, I don't quite buy Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in this one - but they have the grace to never call her that. And she's a good Selina Kyle / cat burglar.

I found some of the twists obvious, but they weren't bad for all that.

- Le Messor
    "I'm not for apathy, and I'm not against it."

If you liked the first two, you'll like this one, I think.
    What if I enjoyed the first but felt the second was 'too dark"?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    What if I enjoyed the first but felt the second was 'too dark"?
    Hmm...
    I think this one would also be too dark...
    but I'm not sure.

Spoiler: Noboby has half their face burned off.

- Le Messor
    "I'm not stealing. I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?"
    ~ Willow

Well, I'm in no hurry to see it. I'm sure I WILL see it, but it'll be way down the list of my priorities. Movie wise, the Hobbit is next on my list to see.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

The Hobbit's a while away...
    (and I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say the book's better...)

[QUOTE=Le Messor;88386]The Hobbit's a while away...

Does that mean the gollum will play?
    (sure hope you pick a strong tree)

DIGGER

Images

And he does play well!

I always pick a strong tree, ever since I was a kid and grabbed a branch that turned out to be dead, and landed on the ground breaking my wrist in two places.
    (Wait, what am I grinning about? That actually happened!)

- Le Messor
    Giles: I'm not supposed to have a private life?
    Buffy: No. Because you're very, very old and it's gross.

Saw it (Dark Knight Rises) today, and I felt it was very good.

I did feel that they could also have split the movie into two separate movies (Dark Knight Falls and Dark Knight Rises, perhaps?). The second half had some pretty significant time jumps and could have been expanded and filled in with it being a second movie.

Also, throughout the whole movie, I kept expecting at some point to say to Batman, "Bruce, I am your father!" a la Darth Vader.

But overall, quite enjoyable.

Saw it last night, and liked it. I found it fell in between the first and second movie; better than the first, not as great as the second. As is typical with superhero movies there are plot holes you have to overlook and real world physics you need to ignore for the story to work, but like The Dark Knight the action makes that easier to do. However, unlike the second movie this one didn't feel too long even though it was nearly three hours. Overall, this was a nice finale to the series.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I found it fell in between the first and second movie; better than the first, not as great as the second.
    I'm not sure which of those two I like better, myself. In some ways the first, in some ways the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    However, unlike the second movie this one didn't feel too long even though it was nearly three hours. Overall, this was a nice finale to the series.
    I went to a midnight screening, got in my car, looked at my clock, and... well, it was a good think I'd taken the day off work, otherwise I'd have had to get up in two hours time.

- Le Messor
    "I'm not worried. If there's something bad out there, we'll find, you'll slay, we'll party."
    ~ Xander

My wife and I saw the first one, found it pretty dull, way too drawn out, and too much happens for no reason. We hated the second one, it made less sense (Joker is vile but goes from completely lucky, to cunning, to stupid, back to cunning and clever, to doing the impossible....I thought this was supposed to be a Batman grounded in reality, yet the Joker is basically supernatural for two thirds of the film? Batman is stupid? Joker can know where to put tens of gunners on a street to shoot at Batman, when there are hundreds of streets to choose from?!? He can avoid cars and police by walking down the street?? But he avoids getting his brains blown out twice by sheer clumsy luck?). We won't be seeing this one.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Wow, Mokole, that was harsh!

But fair. All your criticisms are valid - I'm just really, really not used to not hearing people not heaping praise on Christopher Nolan for his uncanny ability to suck all the fantasy out of a concept. (He directed a 2+ hour movie about dreams with only two scenes that weren't real-world physics! Yay.)

Yeah, if you didn't like those two, don't watch this one.

- Le Messor
    "I'm okay and you're okay. . . but I'm more okay than you are."

Images

... also, I've just seen a Man Of Steel trailer, and myaaann does it look serious!
    I'm not looking forward to it, and Mokole, you shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    My wife and I saw the first one, found it pretty dull, way too drawn out, and too much happens for no reason. We hated the second one, it made less sense (Joker is vile but goes from completely lucky, to cunning, to stupid, back to cunning and clever, to doing the impossible....I thought this was supposed to be a Batman grounded in reality, yet the Joker is basically supernatural for two thirds of the film? Batman is stupid? Joker can know where to put tens of gunners on a street to shoot at Batman, when there are hundreds of streets to choose from?!? He can avoid cars and police by walking down the street?? But he avoids getting his brains blown out twice by sheer clumsy luck?). We won't be seeing this one.
    I thought the first one was "okay", and the second one was vile, it was WAY too dark. Besides, Michael Keaton ruined Batman for me, he will always be the only one (besides Adam West, or course).

Images

The Burton Batmans are definitely my facvourites.