Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Wow... I didn't see that one coming... (Big Hero 6 Film)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So it begins... the publicity trail.

This is probably going to really start ramping up soon. I hope it's good!

~ Le Messor
    "My wife has a slight impediment in her speech - every now and then she stops to breathe."
    ~ Jimmy Durante

Images

The trailer where the guy puts the armour on his robot played before How To Train Your Dragon 2 last night!

~ Le Messor
    "Can't you get beyond thunderdrum?"
    ~ Me, to my nephew after a few too many references.

Alpha Flight v2 #17 has been featured in Bleeding Cool Magazine #12 as a "Hot Book" at $150 raw (which means not slabbed as a CGC book) and it also mentions #16 also a "Hot Book" (because it previews #17). There's a little thumbnail of AFv2#17 too in the magazine. Wowzers! $150 for an Alpha Flight issue

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-solicitation/
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I saw the trailer and was surprised how good this looks. The info when they announced it just sounded so.... meh.... but the 3D animation and comedic tone looks like it stands on it's own really well.

Marvel really HAS gotten good at reinterpreting books into movies lately. I like that they don't take it as seriously nor as literally as when they did the first X-men movies which I hated so. Now it really seems like every franchise has it's own spirit that brings out the best of the characters. Everything is handled on it's own terms, know what I mean?

I guess after trying to watch the official X-Men anime (pretty but it's soooooo baaaaad) I was just expecting a much more jaded and formulated approach.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Images

I agree, Marvel have been hitting it out of the park with their Cinematic Universe. I've really been loving them.
    Guardians of the Galaxy has been my movie of the year, even above How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    Marvel really HAS gotten good at reinterpreting books into movies lately. I like that they don't take it as seriously nor as literally as when they did the first X-men movies which I hated so.
    I liked the movies, but I do know exactly what you mean there.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I guess after trying to watch the official X-Men anime (pretty but it's soooooo baaaaad)...
    The one I saw was okay, but it was sooooooo brown I got tired of looking at it.

~ Le Messor
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody."
    ~ Bill Gates, 1981 (Did he mean $640K?)

The one thing I'll say is that BH6 is 100% Disney; no Marvel involvement at all, bar the initial creations as basis.

Yeah really surprised they had really no involvement. Even posters don't have the marvel logo somewhere on it

From what I've read that was pretty much a large part of the deal.

It'll be interesting to see what comes after this...

Images

I'm starting to look forward to it.

This is a pretty decent interview with Seagle and Rouleau and goes into the AF-ness of the team:
    http://www.newsarama.com/22637-big-h...est-stars.html

That is really interesting! I've been looking for exactly this kind of interview with Seagle and Rouleau. Thanks for the link!

Sunfire's a "he" though. Reporter must be an Exiles fan. And I saw AFv2#16 at NYCC2014 as a $75 wall book because technically 1st appearance of BH6, not AFv2#17 although it was just Honey Lemon in a promo, not real BH6.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    But as they worked on the comic book Alpha Flight together, they were yearning to create something fun — a story and characters that were lighter and more upbeat than what they'd been writing about.
    Oh, how I wish they'd just written Alpha Flight lighter and more upbeat!

Good interview, though. I Lol'd at the 'Big Hero 6 is the Japanese Alpha Flight' line!

Images

Seen it.
    Loved it.

Listening to the soundtrack.