Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk - Mayan Rule

Default Hulk - Mayan Rule

Well the series has begun and the other discussion is not easily avaliable so lets make a new one here.

So anyways issue #53 came out and had a cameo of Alpha Flight sans Northstar. Overall a good set-up issue, nothing ground breaking but once again Dale knocks it out of the park. Love how he draws characters, and have always been a fan since his work on JSA.

Anyone else get it? and what is your thoughts?

I'd call it more than a cameo.
    It's definitely guest starring the team, and everyone gets some lines.

The issue is mostly set up, but is a nice easy access for new readers.

Alpha's scene's read well and Sasquatch's gamma connection makes sense so I can overlook the possessed-again-ness of it all.

Dale's art is spot on as ever.
    I love the two page spread of the team in action, and the panel with Snowbird mid-transform into a Sasquatch is really nice.
    His Rick Jones & General Ross are really nice too.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the arc.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Lemme guess... on the next page Snowbird turns into an albino Sasquatch and they either duke it out or orange Squatch falls in love.
    (please let me be wrong, PLEASE.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    the panel with Snowbird mid-transform into a Sasquatch is really nice.
    Hmm... looks like a bad day for Digger.
    (Though I don't know if they duke it out or fall in love, or fall on Duke. The real question being, is that G.I. Joe Duke or Predator Duke?)

- Le Messor
    "A hobby is hard work you wouldn't do for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Hmm... looks like a bad day for Digger.
    Yeah, but it wasn't much of a leap seeing as we'd seen Snowbird as a sasquatch duking it out with Sasquatch back in March when the appearance was first announced.

I feel the whole Sasquatch/Tanaraq connection is being ignored for a more gamma radiation orgin.

If the Gamma angle was completely new I'd agree, but it's still the initial cause of his connection to Tanaraq so I can understand the useage.

Images

Yeah, but it wasn't much of a leap seeing as we'd seen Snowbird as a sasquatch duking it out with Sasquatch back in March when the appearance was first announced.
    I haven't been looking at the art - I rarely do before I look at the comic. So, my bad there.

If the Gamma angle was completely new I'd agree, but it's still the initial cause of his connection to Tanaraq so I can understand the useage.
    Yeah, I agree with Phil (without having yet read the book - maybe it'll be a case of saying Sas is a Gamma Beast, not a Great Beast or something and I'll end up agreeing with K-M).

- Le Messor
    "If you think this fortune is confusing, then change one pig."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I haven't been looking at the art - I rarely do before I look at the comic. So, my bad there.
    To be fair that's a perfectly valid way to do it; I forget that not everyone likes previews/spoilers. So totally my bad.

Yeah, I agree with Phil (without having yet read the book - maybe it'll be a case of saying Sas is a Gamma Beast, not a Great Beast or something and I'll end up agreeing with K-M).
    By that logic you'll end up agreeing with K-M rather than me )

Images

By that logic you'll end up agreeing with K-M rather than me
    But will I agree with ME?

- Le Messor
    "Easy to agree with others - far harder to agree with yourself."
    ~ Gremlins 2

He tried to repeat the process of Hulk, he failed and opened up a mystical portal and gained his powers. I seriously dont see how you can say it's the same thing as Tanaraq is not gamma powered nor does Sasqutch emit gamma radiation.

I didn't say it was the same thing or that he was Gamma powered, but it was his experimentation with gamma rays that opened the portal.
    Without the gamma rays and experimentation he'd never have opened it.
    There is undeniably a gamma connection which is all I said.
    Walter would probably still emit gamma rays.

Though saying that, he is in Snowbird's original body still, isn't he?

The connection is through a failed experiment that opened a mystical gateway to an elder god of the night to power him as an avatar. That's the extent of the gamma radiation connection and that's how the connection ends. No, he shouldn't as the Great Beasts don't emit gamma radiation all the radiation did was open a portal and that's it. Sasquatch nor Tanaraq are a gamma beast their mystical vortexs (as noted). All gamma radiation did was open a door for something more powerful to walk through.

Tanaraq is not a gamma beast
    1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...man_040-11.jpg

He is.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 06-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Which is all very weird, as the reason Walter did his gamma radiation experiments, is that he was one of only a handful of people on earth who were immune to gamma radiation effetcs.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Again KM, never once did I say that either Sasquatch or Tanaraq were Gamma Beasts.
    And again, I never said that Great Beasts emit radiation, I specifically used Walter as in human form.
    And if as you say, and I agree, that all Gamma radiation did was open a door THAT is surely a connection?

As FP says, Walter is immune to the effects meaning they don't harm him, but having experimented on himself he'd surely give off rats in human form?

Just because your immune to radiation doesnt mean you emit radiation.