Thread: Article: Astonishing X-Men: Northstar

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

JP gets his own hardcover? Cool. It's, like, the second AF hardcover ever (the first being the Marvel Premiere X-Men: Alpha Flight; yes, they've been in others, but not had others dedicated to them).

- Le Messor
    "If you go and mow the lawn barefoot and cut your feet off, don't come running to me."
    ~ Mom

Great news! Maybe they'll mirror the cover art image before going to press? It would be a shame to have the dust jacket all backwardsy with him wearing Aurora's costume. Eaglemoss corrected Salva Espin's backwards costume error when they printed the booklet for the figurines by printing mirror images of the original art; so I'm hoping Marvel can do the same for this booboo.

Wait, then Karmas OTHER leg would be all cyborgy. Oh well, I guess not!

Even though there's no AF title anymore, it's great to see some of the Alphans still getting exposure.
    Maybe it'll drum up enough interest to... no, I can't go getting my hopes up again.

This makes me happy

Uuuuuh the Northstar story from Nation X was tuuuuuuuurible (yes tuuurible not terrible). Still cool news though

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Great news! Maybe they'll mirror the cover art image before going to press? It would be a shame to have the dust jacket all backwardsy with him wearing Aurora's costume. Eaglemoss corrected Salva Espin's backwards costume error when they printed the booklet for the figurines by printing mirror images of the original art; so I'm hoping Marvel can do the same for this booboo.

Wait, then Karmas OTHER leg would be all cyborgy. Oh well, I guess not!
    It's not definitely the cover, I just added the most likely image until it's actually solicited.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Uuuuuh the Northstar story from Nation X was tuuuuuuuurible (yes tuuurible not terrible). Still cool news though
    I liked the story personally.
    Fun and fleshed the character out a bit.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    I liked the story personally.
    Fun and fleshed the character out a bit.
    It was cute, but he was acting like a giddy teenage girl stereotype throughout.
    I like how in Astonishing, he acts differently with Kyle than with others - which kind of reconciles with that.

- Le Messor
    "The journey is the reward."
    ~ Chinese proverb

Astonishing X-Men #48-51 are today on sale digitally for 99c each over at Comixlology:
    http://www.comixology.com/Astonishin...collection/882

Note: The sale is now over, but issues are available at $1.99